Honored Contributor

Re: Amazon Expert Assembly - Anyone used this service?

I used the services three times.  I had a garbage disposal installed and twice hired a cleaning service for my mother.  No issues.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SouthernBee wrote:

@Kachina624: Me too! Need a good laugh? I am almost 64 and slower than a snail but determined. Purged and reorganized room used as office, exercise room and pantry. Decided needed a small but sturdy wire shelf for my kitchen appliances- vitamix , kitchen aid stand mixer and 6 quart pressure cooker. I measured my area, looked at the budget and did a lot of research and read all reviews and watched all videos. Ordered an Amazon Basics 3 wire shelf that was made by same manfacture for my other shelves but at a much better price. Considered the assembly service. I thought ok - I got this. Product delivered. Took every thing out of the box- counted all parts and placed them in the necessary order and in parts with arrows made sure the arrows pointed up. Measured all appliances to help position shelf height. I was ready and prepared. Directions suggested estimated assembly time 2O minutes- I gave my self one hour. Never fails- in my history of putting something together: always have issue with one part. Took me 3 hours but the shelf was sturdy. Then noticed that I failed to see if same size shelf could be ordered with the shelf liners and wheels. Worn out but proud every time I look at the shelf and appliances. Project completed and counted as some exercise for the mind and body. Did not intend to derail the post but wanted to give others a second thought about the assembly cost. Southern Bee🤓

@SouthernBee.  It gives you a great feeling of satisfaction to conquer a project, doesn't it?  I love those Origami shelving units HSN carries.  Just put on the wheels, unfold and lock into place.  Pretty colors too.

I went to Home Depot today and saw that huge pile of sand outside of Macy's.  Now I'm curious about it too.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624: Yes! Love the HSN shelves  and colors but waiting for a sale because need two more for the garage.

Interesting about Macy's sand- new construction or play area? Southern Bee

Respected Contributor

One of the funniest things I've ever seen on Amazon - assembly of the Origami 4 shelf system.  I bought a set on sale about 8 months ago on Amazon bc I'd seen them on HSN and seen how easy it was to put together.   Assembly was quoted as $125 - I have zero skills to do something like this - but it was literally a 2 second shelving put together.  Took longer to open the box than put together.  I now have a large picture needing hung and assembly/attaching of a headboard/ for my guest bedroom.  I've found a local handyman that'll do my 2 jobs much less than using their service. 

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624@SouthernBee .... I actually enjoy the construction!  20+ years ago, a friend of a friend opened a store.  I was asked to come help set it up.  While everyone else was painting and cleaning, I sat on the floor and assembled a couple desks and and a few bakers racks.  I really enjoyed the afternoon.  So much more fun for me than painting and cleaning!

Honored Contributor

I’m thinking of ordering an L desk with assembly  for my husband for Father’s Day when he’s out of town.  He likes to put things together but he’s busy with work, continuing education the kids and of course me!!

So, i thought it would be a nice surprise instead of giving him a box of Parts!!

me? I get my satisfaction doing other things though I believe this thread was  asking for experience with this service on Amazon and not whether someone CAN do it themselves.