Honored Contributor

Re: Amazon Echo--Strange Thing Happened

i have multiple alexa devices.....in various areas of my home, in my car, on my phone.......have not had any issues with any of them.

think about how many devices we use, how many devices track us, how many devices MAY be listening to us.......our smart televisions, our smart phones, our GPS systems, our cars, our tablets/computers/laptops/electronic games and gadgets......so many things OTHER than alexa.

at this point, i am not worried at all.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

I won’t have one of those - ever. Creeps me out and I don’t trust that I am not being purposely spied on.
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

SPURT wrote:

I am still oxox wrote:

OMG some people really think that they are being spyed on

I am still oxox 

https://www.consumerwatchdog.org/privacy-technology/how-google-and-amazon-are-spying-you

from the consumer watch dog article...

..Patent applications from Amazon and Google revealed how their Alexa and Voice Assistant powered smart speakers are ‘spying’ on you, a new report claims.

The study warns of an Orwellian future in which the gadgets eavesdrop on everything from confidential conversations to your toilet flushing habits.

....John Simpson, Consumer Watchdog’s privacy and technology project director, said: ‘Google and Amazon executives want you to think that Google Home and Amazon Echo are there to help you out at the sound of your voice.

‘In fact, they’re all about snooping on you and your family in your home and gathering as much information on your activities as possible. 

‘You might find them useful sometimes, but think about what you’re revealing about yourself and your family, and how that information might be used in the future.

‘Instead of charging you for these surveillance devices, Google and Amazon should be paying you to take one into your home.’ .....