Trusted Contributor

Amazon Echo/Dot free 30 day trial unlimited music?

Does anyone have this?  I believe it is $3.99 per month after the free trial offer.  Any thoughts?

Regular Contributor

Re: Amazon Echo/Dot free 30 day trial unlimited music?

If you like music its definitely worth it. I have unlimited with my Amazon Prime and I LOVE it. Just ask her to play nearly ANYTHING and she does!

Honored Contributor

While on the surface it looks like an incredible tool, watch out because when it's on, it records EVERYTHING.  So-long privacy.

Esteemed Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

While on the surface it looks like an incredible tool, watch out because when it's on, it records EVERYTHING.  So-long privacy.

@JeanLouiseFinch, please direct me to where you found this information.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

I don't believe that is true.  You are probably referring to the recent case where they are wanting the recordings of the Alexa to solve the murder (I believe).  There may be nothing on the recording.  And if there is, the victim would have had to use the "wake" word.

I told DH that is a great idea if someone were to break into our house.  We could say "Alexa why is there a man 6' tall, dressed in black driving a silver Chevy breaking into my house?"  That would give police some good information!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

I want to LOL. We have all compromised our privacy long ago when we brought our first item with a plastic card or wrote our first check. We each have a paper trail, so be it. 

Honored Contributor

@Marp wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch, please direct me to where you found this information.

@Marp  I just Googled.  "Echo Records Everything" and "Alexa Records Everything".  

That should keep you busy reading for awhile.

Regular Contributor

Baloney, you really need to stop the conspiracy theories. This has been disproved many times. Poor soul.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sue98 wrote:

Does anyone have this?  I believe it is $3.99 per month after the free trial offer.  Any thoughts?

Amazon has a large rich music library. I have Prime and play Prime Music on my Echo and devices.

I have been a customer of  Napster for a long time, and would not change.

Have you tried Tune in Radio, iHeart, or Free Google Radio. You need a Gmail account to play Google Radio.

Trusted Contributor

I'm considering this too. Does anyone know if you can see or search what songs are available before you sign up? I think it said it had more songs to choose from than the Amazon prime ones. I have tons of songs on iTunes plus Spotify. She will only play Spotify if you have the premium membership, which I no longer have. I've been using the pandora & tune-in radio but would like to have specific songs for her to play.