Honored Contributor

Re: Amazon Customers, Have you noticed..

I don't get any emails from Amazon, other that order confirmations and shipping emails.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Nope, not at all.

Honored Contributor

No, and I shop with Amazon every week.  I doubt that Amazon has anything at all to do with your getting those texts.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

No, not at all. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Trusted Contributor

I have noticed a LOT of SPAM since signing up with Amazon, and it seems to increase after I've logged on to shop. Not SPAM from Amazon but from others. Awful stuff in massive quantities. My virus protection is up to date and I always clear cache and cookies, use an incognito window, etc. But I do correlate the SPAM somehow to my use of Amazon. Just can't specifically connect the dots. The email address I use for my Amazon account is not one I widely use anymore.

Honored Contributor

No

Honored Contributor

Nope, but I also learned many years ago to have a separate E-mail account to use for all my online shopping and activities including banking.  

Respected Contributor

@Twins Mom No I haven't.  Guess my e-mail filters "junk" very well.  

As for "texts" I've solved that problem in a very primitive way.  (I have a now several years old flip phone that AT&T forced me to "upgrade" to.)  My folder is full and I never look at or delete any of it and therefore no one can text me and I don't wish to text anyone.

I don't associate any of my junk e-mail or texts from Amazon.  Most of it seems to come from other sources that I can identify such as from websites that I have explored while searching for something.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't have the app so I don't get texts. I have noticed an increase in junk emails from "partners" of AMAZON. After checking my communication preferences, I see that you can opt-in or out of personalized ads based on your browsing or purchasing history, but will still receive some ads either way. Check your preferences for a more detailed explanation. Unsubscribe to as many of those emails as you can. That has drastically reduced those annoying third party emails I was receiving. I hope this helps.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Valued Contributor

NOPE and I just bought something from Amazon.