Honored Contributor

Amazon Acquisition of Evine Live

Amazon acquisition of Evine Live cheaper than building from within, says Craig-Hallum Craig-Hallum analyst Alex Fuhrman notes that industry reports have speculated at the possibility of Amazon (AMZN) looking to acquire Evine Live (ELVL). While the analyst has no unique insight into the likeliness of any transaction, he points out that Amazon has taken steps to enter the video commerce space in recent years with mixed results. If Amazon were looking to grow into the home shopping/video commerce space, an acquisition would likely be cheaper than building from within given high carriage costs across TV networks, a large roster of capable TV hosts, and built-in market reach. Fuhrman reiterates a Buy rating and $3 price target on Evine Live's shares.

Read more at:
https://thefly.com/landingPageNews.php?id=2717633

AND:

Amazon.com (NASDAQ:AMZN) is reportedly interested in widening its reach into television home shopping and is said to be in acquisition talks with Evine Live (NASDAQ:EVLV), the TV home shopping channel.

An industry source told reporters from the website TechCrunch that there have been discussions about a possible tie-up between Amazon.com and Evine, which trades on the Nasdaq and is the third-largest home shopping channel behind QVC and the Home Shopping Network.

The stage of these take-over talks and any information about the pricing are not known, according to the Tech Crunch article. However, if Amazon were to take over Evine, it would be able to sell its wares in 87 million homes as well as via Evine’s website and apps.

Like its rivals QVC and the Home Shopping Network, Evine sells an array of merchandise and occasionally works with celebrities who market its goods. In the fourth quarter of last year, Evine reported revenue of $193mln and net income of $6.4 million.

QVC’s US$2.1bn acquisition of the Home Shopping Network last year created one of the largest e-commerce retailers in the U.S. and Canada and was regarded by a number of analysts as offering a way for the two groups to compete against Amazon.com.

Amazon shares shed 2.6% at US$1,478.28 in early trade Tuesday while Evine shares climbed 34% to US$1.08 on the news.

Story by ProactiveInvestors

Honored Contributor

Re: Amazon Acquisition of Evine Live

Interesting!  Thanks for posting.  Funny the article mentions "QVC's $2.1 bn acquisition of Home Shopping Network..." but when anyone here phrases it that way, someone is sure to jump on them.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't like Evine.  Hopefully, Amazon will greatly improve them!

Respected Contributor

Maybe then, Evine's clothing items will ship faster.

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

I like each shopping network for different things....certain vendors....certain products. 

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden-------either I am going to be very grateful that you posted this information (I just bought 50,000 shares at $1.11/share which was a 7% increase over yesterday) OR I'm not !!!

Honored Contributor

@Danky wrote:

@SeaMaiden-------either I am going to be very grateful that you posted this information (I just bought 50,000 shares at $1.11/share which was a 7% increase over yesterday) OR I'm not !!!

@Danky   I think you made a great purchase!👍👏🏻   .....Or Not!😄

Honored Contributor

Call me when Amazon announces that bought Evine.  Until that happens, there's nothing to talk about.

Esteemed Contributor

Maybe Bezos can host that night time adult products show. 😂

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ValuSkr wrote:

Interesting!  Thanks for posting.  Funny the article mentions "QVC's $2.1 bn acquisition of Home Shopping Network..." but when anyone here phrases it that way, someone is sure to jump on them.

@ValuSkr

I agree, but it's the news reporting that keeps it confusing.  They know the average person never heard of Liberty Media (now  changed to the even more confusing Qurate Retail Group) so all the headlines said "QVC purchased HSN."  The problem is, in this day and age of quick taglines, people tend not to read past just a headline.  The full story always broke it down explaining that the parent company of QVC, Liberty Media, purchased the remaining percentage of HSN that they didn't already own.