Esteemed Contributor

Re: Amateur justice for Porch Pirates

[ Edited ]

@MUNCHIE wrote:

UPS drivers CAN see if they are being followed..I asked my own UPS driver this question. He said he has been followed several times. I dont understand why they cannot pull over and call police with license number, at least..That could help in further investigations of stolen items.

Because they have their bosses breathing down their necks to make deliveries as fast as possible, and to NOT take any unnecessary stops, and yes, the boss WOULD see stopping to call the cops as being "unnecessary".

Welcome to a world that the consumer has created, where we want our packages NOW, as in a split-microsecond after the order is placed.

How many times has there been a post where someone brags, "I got my item the SAME day that I placed the order!".

The days of patiently waiting for packages to arrive are long gone.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Contributor

Exactly!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Another insight I gained by talking to a UPS driver who was making a business delivery in a high-rise office building with slow elevators.......

He mentioned that the job doesn't do much good for his time with family on some days.

I also noted that the regular UPS guy who delivered to my former neighborhood in a Wash DC suburb  carried heavy boxes all the time with a limp......probably a limp that was caused by the nature of his work.

I always wondered how he kept plugging away at that physically demanding job for years, working the same route in our horrendous DC-area traffic.

And then there is this recent tragic

incident:

https://www.ajc.com/news/hostage-killed-shootout-was-his-first-day-the-job-ups-driver/7yV2sYCm2M08h0...