Honored Contributor

Amarillo area get snow boots out

Tx. area are in for 5-7 inches of snow starting midnight with one inch

accumulation. Does that mean it's gonna melt before it hits the ground?

I"m a blonde and can't figure it out. LOL

Respected Contributor

Re: Amarillo area get snow boots out

Your snow will likely be wet and the asphalt/sidewalks still hold some heat, so it melts on contact.  Grassy/colder surfaces will have more accumulation.  One inch may accumulate on the roads all the same.  That's how I interpret your forecast.  It should melt when the sun comes up and temps warm up in the morning.  I'm from the northeast.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Didn't know you lived in Amarillo, @SharkE!    I used to live there.....miss Amarillo, TX. 

Honored Contributor

yeah, we need more stores if it wasn't for Dillard's and QVC I'd be naked

Zoo, is horrible here, also.

It's growing , though. Maybe will bring in more stores. Sure we got walmarts, Kohl's, Stein Mart, and Westgate Mall, but, I want Macy's LOL

Little over 200,000 people I guess. Also, could use some more elegant places to eat for special events like my b'day coming up in Dec. LOL

Trusted Contributor

We spent the night in Amarillo a few years ago, and had a delicious steak dinner at The Big Texan restaurant, with the giant cow statue out in front.  They had a contest going on in the center of the dining room about who could eat a 72 ounce steak dinner.  I had seen a Travel Channel show about it previously, and it was fun to watch it play out.  The man we were watching could not finish the steak.  Nice town, can't believe you have snow already.

Trusted Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

@SharkE

Please extend to us the common courtesy of keeping it all for the remainder of the winter.  Thank you.

Respectfully,

Central NY

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Honored Contributor

We are supposed to get snow tomorrow too. Maybe 1-2”. It won’t last because it’s been warm so the ground isn’t frozen.

Honored Contributor

I think that's what they mean when they say 5-7 inches with one inch accumulation . I guess the ground is to warm or the sun will come out and will melt it in no time.

I'd better prepare for anything. after church went to the store and you couldn't get a flea in there. LOL   People go nuts with snow alert.

Honored Contributor

OT...but I love that song Amarillo By Morning - George Strait.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rdzq60IAVU

Honored Contributor

@dawg lover wrote:

We spent the night in Amarillo a few years ago, and had a delicious steak dinner at The Big Texan restaurant, with the giant cow statue out in front.  They had a contest going on in the center of the dining room about who could eat a 72 ounce steak dinner.  I had seen a Travel Channel show about it previously, and it was fun to watch it play out.  The man we were watching could not finish the steak.  Nice town, can't believe you have snow already.

@dawg lover

Oh yeah, that Big Texan restaurant is a big noise around here. Movie was made there you know. They have a webcam set up too if you ever want to watch them take the challenge. A woman comes to town every yr. and beats all the men and wins I forget how much money by eating a ton of food. Before we moved here we thought all you had to do to win was eat the big ol 5 lb steak that's thick, etc. Nope, you have to eat the bread, salad and potato too !

Somebody watching the webcam called in and reported seeing the man take the challenge stuffing the steak down the front of his pants and they confronted him and he had to pay for the steak. LOL

That's the challenge if you eat every morsel of the steak then it's FREE ! Last time I asked the waitress she said it cost little over 100 bucks that was few yrs. ago . He couldn't do it and tried to hide it till he got ratted on , so, he had to pay up. True story.