Respected Contributor

Speaking of going to jail in a foreign country....anyone remember Midnight Express?

YIKES!

Esteemed Contributor
On 3/28/2015 beammeupscottie said:

Speaking of going to jail in a foreign country....anyone remember Midnight Express?

YIKES!

I watched that on Locked Up Abroad not long ago with the guy that it happened to. Terrifying.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Respected Contributor
On 3/28/2015 Irshgrl31201 said:
On 3/28/2015 beammeupscottie said:

YIKES!

I watched that on Locked Up Abroad not long ago with the guy that it happened to. Terrifying.

The movie was chilling. Should be a must watch for young people going overseas!

Honored Contributor
On 3/28/2015 Lila Belle said:

I'm glad this whole ordeal is over so that she can go on with her life.

I feel so sorry for the murdered girl's family.

I agree, Lila Belle.

I think, from day one, AK was judged by her appearance and demeanor and probably always will be. It's sad, even dangerous, when that happens.

And I do hope everyone remembers Meredith Kercher and her family. So dreadful to see a life ended so early.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Here's another article on the prosecutor. He was convicted of wire-tapping and other goodies (witness tampering?), but continued to be able to prosecute cases while "on appeal." I haven't been able to find out his current status. He also lost a very high profile case in the interim and didn't come out looking so great.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/amanda-knox-prosecutor-giuliano-mignini-back-in-court-as-a-defendant/

Interestingly, the Italian court publicly *exonerated* Amanda, which is said to be unusual. They wanted no question left whatever of her guilt as far as the Italian legal system is concerned.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

I just learned that George Clooney is producing a film of The Monster of Florence and will also play Preston.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

So happy for this lady; all those precious years wasted. I can imagine she will come up with many ailments in the years ahead as a result of all this trauma.

Honored Contributor
On 3/27/2015 blahblahvampemerblah said: I knew she'd get away with it.

I've read a lot about this case and the trial, and although I'm certainly no expert, I agree with you.

Esteemed Contributor

I read a lot about this case and trial, and I knew that she was framed.

This "investigation" was botched from day one.

Esteemed Contributor

With Amanda Knox it has always been all about her and her whoa is me story, not one sincere word about the horrible murder of her roommate. That is what I find so disconcerting.