Honored Contributor

Re: Am I the only one who hates traveling?

Yes it's a hassle going through the whole airport experience and figuring out what to pack & leave home...then there is the strange bed and bathroom and you need to go through your stuff to find where everything is unlike at home where you know exactly where all of your toiletries are.

There's jet lag too and more running around than usual which can be exhausting...but I still like to travel.

I was offered to go on a Rick Steves (lots of walking) tour in Spain with some extended family and I'm still thinking about it. I feel like I should take advantage of it since I can.  It's not like I did extensive travel when I was younger and at some point in the future I know I will be limited in being able to go places.

DH will stay home since he's really not interested and can't walk far. He doesn't mind me going.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bonappetit wrote:

Travel 1st class in airplanes and stay at 5 star hotels. Hire a private tour guide. You'll renew your love of travelSmiley Happy

@bonappetit   I have yet to fly first class....perhaps someday.  However we did go on a private tour with only extended family.  It was amazing and we stayed in some awesome hotels (a gorgeous castle!) in Ireland.

Honored Contributor

@ZoetheCat@PUPPY LIPS

I third the safari experience. We spent 10 days in Tanzania last summer with our family. It was surreal being a couple feet from elephants, lions, etc. (of course from the safety of the Jeep).

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

What is it about travel that you don't like?  I'd find a happy medium, I don't think I could be so selfish as to just say NO to a husband who wants to have fun and enjoy life....with his wife.  If it's flying you don't like, perhaps you could find some fun on Amtrak or drive.  

Honored Contributor

I love traveling.  I always have.  If I had my way, I'd live on wthe road traveling everyday.  We travel by RV sometimes.  It is great not having to pack and unpack and always having your home with you.

We have flown all over the world.  We are big fans of Asia.  I love it all especially the people and their culture and their history.

I look forward to traveling as long as I can.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love to travel!

Have done a good bit, and so glad I have.  

Delays, snaffoos, misdirections, just opportunities to meet others, and see things you might otherwise have missed; be open to new things.

My seating was messed up on a recent flight, ended up sitting with 

a gentleman of another faith.  We had the most open, enlightening, discussion, was glad it happened.

Happy Trails.

@suzyQ3    Going to Morocco and there abouts in the Spring!

@ZoetheCat  

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

I used to love to travel. Spent 6 weeks touring Europe one year. But, now I prefer to stay at home. 

Trusted Contributor

I have never liked to travel even though I have.  I am much more of a homebody now. I get homesick whenever I used to travel (even on my honeymoon).  I've been to Hawaii 4 times, Canada, California, Las Vegas.

Frequent Contributor

I hate traveling. Didn't mind it in the younger years with the family but never got so excited like most people do, I agree that once I got to my destination I was relaxed and enjoyed myself but was almost counting the days til I went home. I am also in my 60's and can do 3 hr car travel to CT and MD to visit family and for summer vacations but not without aingst. I travel alone so it is a lot of praying that I am safe in my travels, I say a little chant my mom taught me: "On land, at sea, in sky or space, I move secure in God's embrace", Then I added,,,In rain, or sleet or hail or snow, safely with the Lord I go!" But my real motto is, "There's no place like home"!

Esteemed Contributor

I love the adventure of going places. I just hate the whole TSA experience at the airports. It's nerve racking & annoying.

It used to be so easy to travel.I used to be able to get to the airport 30 minutes before takeoff.It was a breeze.Now you have to arrive between 2 & 3 hours before takeoff depending on wether you're  flying domestic or international.

So I still travel but it definitely puts a damper on things.