Honored Contributor

Re: Am I the only one who hates my picture being taken?

That's a nice thought, Plaid Pants! I don't have kids so it's not a concern. But people probably have a lot of family type pics already.

Usually, the people who are the most annoying are at public events or parties running around taking pictures without your permission. Your kids or grandkids won't end up with those because you (not YOU you - just 'you' in the generic sense) don't end up with them anyway.

Honored Contributor

It depends on the situation. In a work setting as described, no I don't want my picture taken. A couple weeks ago, I attended a presentation at work and someone walked around taking pictures. I don't know who they were or what the pictures were taken for. I just turned my head every time she came near our table. I felt very uncomfortable.
Honored Contributor

On 11/25/2014 Plaid Pants said:

Having my picture taken is not my favorite thing, but I'll do it.

I look at it this way, how many of us wish that we had photos of our grand-parents, or great-grands, etc, but those photos don't exist?

Now, what if your grandchildren, or great-grand children were to say, "I wish that I had a picture of great-grandma, so that I would know what she looked like."

Sometimes we have to think about others who might enjoy having a picture of us.

I do allow my pic to be taken for family portraits and at family gatherings. I don't always like it, but I understand and go along with it and to be honest, I am glad that I do have pictures of me with my family members from years ago.

I just get very irritated when I feel forced to get my picture taken. I don't hate the way I look in pictures, I just don't like the idea of people having my picture...they don't need it.

Respected Contributor

I hate it also, and good for you for not caving in to the pressure.

Trusted Contributor

I absolutely hate having my picture taken. When my daughter got married, we had two photographers loose in the house for several hours. It was like a nightmare for me.
"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Honored Contributor

I know a lot of people that don't like it.

Frequent Contributor

I hate to have my picture taken also. They always look just like me.

Honored Contributor

I've never liked it.

To me, the best photos are candid shots, and also it's the only way we camera-shy peeps would end up in one. Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

I don't like having my picture taken but I don't hate it the way I once did and I've learned to just go with the flow and not make a big deal of it. It's hold over from the old days when I was very heavy, size 28-30. I tended to be the biggest person in the room and I looked even bigger in pictures. So I never let anyone take my picture. There are years and years of family life photos in which I am "missing". For the past 20 plus years, I bounce between a size 14/16 and size 18/20 and I'm totally okay with that. I look darn good for my age, I don't mind saying. Yet I'm still a little uncomfortable about having my picture taken. It's just part of the "baggage" I carry around with me.

Super Contributor

I hate it also. I always look horrible.