Esteemed Contributor

Am I the only one who missed their children when they went back to school? I see on face book (and online) jokes and signs of people celebrating and hoo ha ing the start of school (here in PA today).

My children are grown up now, but I LOVED when my children were home in the summer. We went to the beach, we went swimming at the pool daily, the playground, the museum, the list goes on... and just had so much fun. I would switch my work schedule to nights in summer (so their dad was home with them at night, and I was home in the daytime).

I was very tired all summer after working at night and having all of those activities in the daytime, but I wouldn't have traded it for the world! To add, I had my 3 granddaughters all summer long 3 days a week too and I will miss them since school started now!

Lastly, when we look back on it my children thank me for rearranging my job to be with them. (I realize not everyone can do that, but I was glad I could). Well anyway, I never cheered when school started.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles