Super Contributor

Re: Am I the Only One-Lavender

@FlowerBear wrote:

Am i the only one that dislikes the scent of Lavender?  I cannot stand it lol. 

One time a friend got me some lavender scented products  for Christmas, and I had to give them all away, I had never tried any lavender until that time.  

Absolutely can't stand the smell of lavender. People act like it's the craziest thing to not love it. 

Super Contributor

@spud188 wrote:

Me raising my hand. Cannot stand dried eucalyptus either.

Eucalyptus actually makes me sick and burns my skin if it's in skin/hair products.

Respected Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Lali1 wrote:

I like lavender in limited amounts. When paper towels where hard to get from the store I placed a delivery order for HEB. I got some paper towels that had lavender scent on the cardboard. They were disgusting. Ugh! 

@Lali1   That's because you were not smelling natural lavender.

You were smelling a chemical.  I know exactly the ones you are talking about.

That's why I said I do like the scent of lavender in limited amounts. I can handle it in fabric softener sheets and some other stuff. But yes the scent on the paper towels was disgusting and fake. 

Honored Contributor

@FlowerBear wrote:

Am i the only one that dislikes the scent of Lavender?  I cannot stand it lol. 

One time a friend got me some lavender scented products  for Christmas, and I had to give them all away, I had never tried any lavender until that time.  

You are definitely NOT the only one.  It's gross to me.  I've long had to turn in my girl card because I do not like lavender one bit, don't like to shop, don't load up on cosmetics, and a few other things that elude me in the moment.

I guess I can see why so many, mostly women, love it but I really don't care for any floral scent.  That said, lavender is the one that I find the most undesirable.   It also triggers my asthma, so that doesn't help.

I'd probably do the same thing.   I'm always gracious accepting a gift, but I don't do 'fake' very well, so it's a tough task to keep that smile and find words that aren't bold-face lies in verbalizing delight and gratefuless for something that I dislike that much.

Respected Contributor

@shoptilyadropagain  I cannot stand Rose scented things either!

Respected Contributor

@Porcelain  that would be a very odd scent to have that oregano! 

Respected Contributor

@Mimi 1883   I cant use any scented laundry products or cleaning products!!  Once I got scented trash bags, big mistake!

Respected Contributor

Its nice to know that Im not the only one. I thought I was!Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Guess I'm the minority here, I love the scent of real lavnder. I had  some expensive lavender vanilla candles that I loved.  Wish I remembered the name but they were a gift.

Trusted Contributor

I'm a big no on lavender. I would be pro more things in lilac scent.