Esteemed Contributor

Re: Am I the Only One-Lavender

I don't care for the scent but I detest a rose smell even worse.  

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Trusted Contributor

I don't like the smell either.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Lali1 wrote:

I like lavender in limited amounts. When paper towels where hard to get from the store I placed a delivery order for HEB. I got some paper towels that had lavender scent on the cardboard. They were disgusting. Ugh! 

@Lali1   That's because you were not smelling natural lavender.

You were smelling a chemical.  I know exactly the ones you are talking about.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

l love natural lavender-I have it around the house.

Most "lavender scented" items are made from chemicals, not natural lavender.

Some may not like natural lavender, too, but most often you are smelling a man-made scent.

Honored Contributor

@FlowerBear 

Nope, you're not alone!

I don't like the smell of lavender anything either.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Not as an everyday scent, no. Same with sage. They smell sharp and medicinal to me. One time I bought an oregano scented cleaning spray and I was all excited to make my kitchen smell like pizzas. Well it just smelled odd instead, and I kept thinking, "What is that?" each time I went in there and had to remember afresh that it was the cleaner.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@FlowerBear  No, you're not alone - I cannot stand the smell of lavender either.  Another scent that really bothers me is eucalyptus!  Both: 🤢

I suppose I have an overactive sense of smell, so a lot of fragrances bother me, especially manufactured scents, e.g., Gain, Febreeze, Tide, Downy fabric sheets, etc. Currently, I'm using Nellie's Natural, scent-free laundry detergent (HSN,) and it works great. 

ETA: Even natural lavender is a No! 

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

@FlowerBear wrote:

Am i the only one that dislikes the scent of Lavender?  I cannot stand it lol. 

One time a friend got me some lavender scented products  for Christmas, and I had to give them all away, I had never tried any lavender until that time.  

@FlowerBear   Chances are you were smelling chemicals.

Natural lavender is a far cry from most man-made chemical filled "lavender scented" products.

We use nothing scented for laundry, etc. either.

I have natural lavender around the house and it is not the same.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

Do not like Lavender.  By mistake once purchased lavender sented dog p**p bags, not a good combination.

@CrazyDaisy 

What a combination of smells! 🤢

Reminds me of a toilet tissue brand that infuses the roll with lavender. My DH bought that accidentally once. Yuck! The smell of lavender as I spin the roll did not help. Never again. 

Honored Contributor

I love real lavender in quality perfume oils. I hate ANY fake flower scents in paper or cleaning products (and most other scents).

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland