Reply
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,667
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

it is not split down the middle to Americans

 

60-37 in favor.

 

 

If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane ~ Max
Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. ~ Eames
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,995
Registered: ‎03-10-2010
 
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,527
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Who thinks this would have been the outcome 20 or even 10 years ago?

*********************
Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor
Posts: 13,954
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

@SydneyH wrote:

@Ronnyray wrote:

Precisely.  To say that only your opinion is right and only your side "gets it" is an insult to the rest of America and at the very least childish.  The ruling on the "rainbow issue" for example, still remains a split down the middle issue with only one man, one individual, Justice Kennedy breaking the tie.  Does that mean the rest of Americans who still feel strongly against, all of a sudden, turn into robots and lose their rights, their opinions?  Are those Americans all of a sudden wrong simply because they disagree with a ruling made by one individual.  It's one thing to respect the law quite another to denounce your personal beleifs and censor your opinions because they are not the flavor of the day.


That's what it looks like.  In no way is the entire country behind this ruling......


NO ONE ever said that 100% agree with ANYTHING!

That isn't how things work...

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,995
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

@terrier3 wrote:

 

 

SydneyH - There was NO DIRECTIVE to post a certain way...just not bring religion or politics or the names of politicians into it.

 

You seem to be ignoring that there were dissenting opinions that remained up on the thread.

 

I don't know why you refuse to acknowledge that...


 I'm responding to the portion that I read before it went away, some of the opinions you claim were in opposition perhaps were removed.  I will only 'acknowledge' what I distinctly recall about the directions giving for posting on that thread.  If it doesn't jive with yours, that's ok.


Honored Contributor
Posts: 18,504
Registered: ‎05-23-2010
terrier, I took that comment to mean it was found laughable and unrealistic that people should be expected to post within QVC's stated Rules/Guidelines generally. I'm sure I'll be corrected if my interpretation is erroneous ;-)
Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,517
Registered: ‎09-18-2014

@SydneyH wrote:

@Ronnyray wrote:

Precisely.  To say that only your opinion is right and only your side "gets it" is an insult to the rest of America and at the very least childish.  The ruling on the "rainbow issue" for example, still remains a split down the middle issue with only one man, one individual, Justice Kennedy breaking the tie.  Does that mean the rest of Americans who still feel strongly against, all of a sudden, turn into robots and lose their rights, their opinions?  Are those Americans all of a sudden wrong simply because they disagree with a ruling made by one individual.  It's one thing to respect the law quite another to denounce your personal beleifs and censor your opinions because they are not the flavor of the day.


That's what it looks like.  In no way is the entire country behind this ruling......


__________________________________________________________________________

A majority of 60% is favorable. That is a clear and convincing majority. The "entire country" wouldn't be behind free ice cream on Sundays.

 

All reliable polls show the 60% figure.  It's non disputable..

~Enough is enough~
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,221
Registered: ‎08-09-2012

Frustrated user animated emoticon Frustrated user animated emoticon Frustrated user animated emoticon Frustrated user animated emoticon

Honored Contributor
Posts: 18,504
Registered: ‎05-23-2010
esmerelda wrote: "Who thinks this would have been the outcome 20 or even 10 years ago?"

Don't take the bait. This THREAD is not about deleted threads and their contents.
Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,527
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

60% of the country does not equal 60% of each individual state. 

 

Some states had it, others did not.  Why not wait until the thinking changed and it was changed individually in states?

*********************
Keepin' it real.