Honored Contributor

Re: Am I in a time warp???

[ Edited ]

To my way of thinking it's normal for the "celebratory pendulum" to swing widely when a segment of people is finally afforded the rights of all other Americans.  And our LGBT population has been required to live, truly, as second-class citizens without many of the rights others always had.   Some of the stories would break your heart.  I'm reminded of the term from the play, "Children of a Lesser God."  No segment of the American people should be considered marginal or less equal, in my opinion. 

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is derogatory comment directed at our President.

Honored Contributor
I must confess, I am enjoying the desperation of certain posters.
Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Re: Am I in a time warp???

[ Edited ]

On the topic of the ruling, I quote my signature line:

"He drew a circle that shut me out.

Heretic, rebel, a thing to flout.

But Love and I had the wit to win:

We drew a circle that took him in." (Markham)

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor
I'm on my iPad and going out now, but when I return I might be motivated to fire up the laptop and post rainbow photos :-)
Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

With all due respect (I genuinely mean that), if we quote and argue with posts we feel are inflammatory or that we think might be intended to cause the demise of the thread...  we probably are assuring things will go south.  Engaging is the sure way to say good-bye to the discussion.

Respected Contributor

wow.  Well, I see there is a long way to go for some people to accept their fellow Americans.

I am not surprised, however.   I am reminded of several comments from that poster about Boston.

If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane ~ Max
Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. ~ Eames
Respected Contributor

"Us" is the most inclusive word I can think of.  

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

Another off topic question; I've noticed on FB that people have their faces in rainbow colours, how is that done?

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Respected Contributor

Jane....there must be an app or a website.   I've seen it a lot too.

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy