Esteemed Contributor

If a couple chooses to get married, they din't have to have a religious ceremony.  Many people choose to be married by a Judge or Justice of the Peace.  

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

Hi cody, I worry when I don't see you around, too Smiley Happy 

I had trouble getting the new system running because of Internet Explorer, made worse by trying to dump McAffee.  DD has been trouble shooting tech-wise for me, so I'm OK now. 

I hope all is well with you Heart

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

I'm trying to find his comments, but the ruling without a doubt has implications for religious organizations.  There's no way around that fact imo.

Sydney - It is being portrayed as "religious", but it isn't.

Now people are free to move to any state they choose with their spouse and won't have to give up their rights.

If different states treated legally married couples in different ways - people would literally NOT be free to move wherever they wish. We are a country where freedom is cherished and respected...now families will be treated the same wherever they choose to live.

Respected Contributor

@missy1 wrote:

People can do what they want. I don't think it was necessary for rainbow WH or on national monuments.

I thought it was fantastic. For a long time and even now, some people treat LGBT as less than "real" Americans. Time to come on out and celebrate the diversity and love that makes our country great. I understand for religious reasons that some people are unhappy. But let's not forget our country is not a theocracy and we are free to express our religious beliefs as individuals (or no religious beliefs) it doesn't make one better or worse because of that.

If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane ~ Max
Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. ~ Eames
Honored Contributor

Re: Am I in a time warp???

[ Edited ]

@SydneyH wrote:

@missy1 wrote:

People can do what they want. I don't think it was necessary for rainbow WH or on national monuments.

Many thought it was inappropriate.......

Sydney - and many realized that it was the culmination of Pride Month. Even Niagara Falls was lit like a rainbow! These aren't things that are spontaneous - I believe it was planned FAR in advance.

It just happened to be a happy coincidence that the decision came down on Friday - NOT Monday - after Pride Month events were over for the year.

Respected Contributor

@NoelSeven wrote:

Hi cody, I worry when I don't see you around, too Smiley Happy 

I had trouble getting the new system running because of Internet Explorer, made worse by trying to dump McAffee.  DD has been trouble shooting tech-wise for me, so I'm OK now. 

I hope all is well with you Heart

I'm good. Not getting, or liking this new forum. Just seems to be too much work to learn. But I am glad you are well.

Honored Contributor
For the longest time, the only two groups it was still socially okay to publicly denigrate were the LGBT community and the overweight. At least now society is down to one. Not that everyone cares about whether it's socially okay, or it may still be okay where some live and work. For others it may now be grounds for termination.
Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

From cody:

"I'm good. Not getting, or liking this new forum. Just seems to be too much work to learn. But I am glad you are well."

It does seem like a lot of work.  I haven't been on a week yet, so I'm just sticking to the basics.   Using the iPad?  Forget it.  I can make a quick comment, no emojis, no c&p, etc.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

Re: Am I in a time warp???

[ Edited ]

I thought the WH lighting was a great way to celebrate a monumentous, and frankly overdue, ruling.  

Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

I thought it was a great way to celebrate a monumentous, and frankly overdue, ruling.  

What a coincidence that it came on the last weekend of Pride Month! I wonder if Kennedy had any say in when it was released?