Respected Contributor

Am I doing something wrong? I don/t get it !

I think this has been mentioned before but I just want to know if I missed reading the solution.  For the majority of time when I pull up the QVC site on my laptop  I am already logged into the forum page but I have to log into my account to view my orders, place orders etc and that's fine. Occasionally (like today) I pulled up the site and have to log into the forum. I also have to log into my account and again that's fine but I don't know why the forum is inconsistent with logging in.  I prefer to log into both the forum and my account each time so is there a fix for that ? Moderators can you explain why this happens and if there is a fix ? 

Honored Contributor

Re: Am I doing something wrong? I don/t get it !

I'm only speculating here, so bear with me.

I feel like maybe the retail part of the site (with your name,addr,cc#s, etc) needs to be more secure than the board.

If you were logged here and somebody hacked and you were automatically logged in there, then hackers would easily get all your info.

I just feel like it needs to be a separate entity for those reasons.  Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

That's been happening to me too.  Though I am not that concerned as I feel the same as @chickenbutt .......as long as I have to log into my account each time where all my personal information is.   

Respected Contributor

@Goodie2shoes Do you sign out of the forum every time you exit?  That logs me out each time for sure from the forums.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Respected Contributor

@chickenbuttwrote:

I'm only speculating here, so bear with me.

I feel like maybe the retail part of the site (with your name,addr,cc#s, etc) needs to be more secure than the board.

If you were logged here and somebody hacked and you were automatically logged in there, then hackers would easily get all your info.

I just feel like it needs to be a separate entity for those reasons.  Smiley Happy

I totally agree with your statement about the retail login being more secure than the board and I always have to login to the retail account portion of the site, no problem there. I just wondered why most times I come onsite I am already logged into the forum even if I log off after viewing the forum when I come back I am already logged in. I feel we should always have to login to both the forum and the account each time.  I hope I am making sense

Respected Contributor

Sometimes I log into the Forum & that lets me access my account too & other times I have to log into both. I use a tablet & Crome..not sure if it matters what device & server is being used, maybe it's just this glitched filled Q website that gets worse with every update.

Trusted Contributor

For me, I find that I am logged in to the forums for maybe 3 days or so, and then I am required to log in again.  I am delighted not to have to log into the forum each and every time I decide to check it, but it's also not a biggie if am required to log in again.  As mentioned by @chickenbutt as long as I am required to log in on the retail side, I am ok with the forums showing me logged in for a period of time. 

Honored Contributor

Also, it seems Q is constantly updating or changing their it part in the computer app, some of which may be security.  I have seen variances in several sites which are similar.