Honored Contributor

Re: Am I The Only One Who Is................

Doesn't bother me, either.   I just don't watch something I don't care to watch, so it works out pretty well.  There are a zillion things to watch on tv and I'm not one to say that they need to not show things that I don't like because, clearly, many others DO and are buying.  Otherwise it would not be lucrative, or make any kind of sense, for a retailer to show.

Honored Contributor

These stars just slap their names on products.  IMO Catherine seems involved in her home product line, also Martha.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Whether it is a famous person with a product to sell, a homeless person on a street corner or a TV ad asking "What's In Your Wallet?", they all are asking that same question and they all want to dip in.  When I see an actor or someone out of their fame element hawking a product, I figure they have bills to pay but pretty sad when the product doesn't last as long as their manicure or haircut.

Honored Contributor

I think a lot of them want a piece of the pie.

When Joan Rivers passed I read that the bulk of her estate was because of her sales at QVC regarding her jewelry line and clothing. I was surprised at that but there must be a lot of money to be made if the public like what you are selling.

Trusted Contributor

why would i want to buy something with someone's name on it and give them all the free advertising?  sorry just not my thing.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kelsey17... just extra cash to fund their overly extravagant lifestyles.....Target quality goods.....I do not buy into it at all.

The junk Ellen Degeneres    sells is one of the worst celebrity lines.....everything is cheap....China junk.  Why a very very wealthy woman needs to sell junk is just beyond me.....she should stick to saving the apes and her day time show....that is enough.  We do not need her underwear and whatever else she will put her name on....it seems like she will sell anything.

Respected Contributor

As far as the celebs hawking their wares on the Q, what bothers me is the fawning and rear end kissing by the hosts.  Can't stand it. 

Respected Contributor

It’s all lost on me. I’m not a shopper and never have been (exception was jewelry back when gold was cheap and that’s a loooong time ago.)

Having said that, we all have things that we’d never spend $ on and things we’d save up over time to buy.  I’d never pay a chunk for designer anything including handbags.  But I’ll pay almost $2000 for a custom saddle. 😆😆😆

Esteemed Contributor

@this is my nic wrote:

As far as the celebs hawking their wares on the Q, what bothers me is the fawning and rear end kissing by the hosts.  Can't stand it. 

I agree.....the hosts bend over backwards with the celebrities................not watchable....

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

People have stated before that it is Qvc who puts prices on all the products and not the celebrity or designer.  If that's true, then it's odd that Martha Stewart's clothing is significantly lower in price than let's say Vince Camuto.  I have read that those who ordered her jeans and her cape as examples, were made very well and people were completely satisfied.  I think the price is a big influencer if a customer wants to give a new line a try.  Laurie Felt on the other hand not really interested and then there's the NY jeans line on Qvc that sells for over $100 also not interested.  I'm sure that Katy Perry's line will eventually include clothing and be pricey too.