Respected Contributor

Re: Am I The Only One Who Is................

[ Edited ]

I'm not bothered by it, but I don't seek their products out, either. If a product is good, I don't care if it has a famous name or not.

I bought the Scott Brothers sheets because they were innovative. None of my other sheets had that extra section at the bottom to keep the sheets from pulling off the mattress. I'd have bought that no matter who was selling it. I hope more companies pick that up - it's been great!

Honored Contributor

if the quality is good and the pricing is reasonable for me, i dont mind buying from a celebrity line. i know that there are REAL designers behind the line trying to get a break in the business and earn a living. absolutely nothing wrong with that.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Having a celebrity name doesn’t sell me a product I don’t want and I don’t tune in to see almost anyone.  But it doesn’t surprise me at all that new lines come often from celebrities. It’s not cheap to manufacture the quantity of merchandise a QVC vendor needs and who has that kind of money in our celebrity driven retail world?

I watch shark tank more than I do shopping channels and very few of those inventors would ever make it to QVC without Shark backing to build inventory. 

Honored Contributor

I'm 70 and I've seen so-called celebrity stuff come and go.

Never was impressed with any of it, and won't buy any of it and I sure as heck don't watch any of the "celeb" vendors. I have zero interest in their "stuff" and sorry but that for me includes Martha Stewart.

Respected Contributor

I don't care whose name is on it...I care for the value and if it is something I want. 

This is not something I'd get mad about.

Esteemed Contributor

And their price is way expensive. And not worth it because of a name.

Esteemed Contributor

Main thing for me is being interested in their product. Their star quality doesn't woo or offend me. Diversifying and variety is natural for Creatives.      

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Contributor

I’m too old to be impressed with Celebrities. Outgrew that years ago. And they’re everywhere now. I’m tired of them in Politics and QVC. That said, I love them in movies, love them in non-reality TV, and love them on my Playlist.
Esteemed Contributor

Martha Stewart so much credibility just go look the YouTube videos starting all the way from the 80's.  So much knowledge.... it's a good thing.

Respected Contributor

Agree. I never have been swayed by such things.  This is yet another example Of what happens when marketing people take over decision making. They look for people that they think have a “platform” versus understanding what real quality means in terms of product development.  Ask marketers to evaluate new product ideas and they will fall back on what they think is a surefire bet with celebrity names or products tied to some other vehicle (a movie, a TV show, etc.) or at the same time they will look at what other people are selling and suggest copying that. Go to them with a brand new idea and they don’t know how to evaluate it. It’s killing commerce in this country. Consumers are turning away, of course.