Honored Contributor

Re: Am I The Only One Who Is................

@Financialgrl wrote:

@Beauty Maven wrote:

You're not alone @kelsey17.  Celebrity endorsement means nothing to me, especially Katie Perry.  I'm obviously not the shopper they're going after with her.  

Me either and I have a couple of nieces/nephews who are in their mid 20s and my experience with all my younger millenial nieces/nephews - not a one of them would consider shopping/buying from TV shopping channels.  

@Financialgrl.  A big yes to the twenty something statement. Same for my nieces and nephews, not only would they not consider it, they have never heard of QVC!

Respected Contributor

@Beauty Maven wrote:

You're not alone @kelsey17.  Celebrity endorsement means nothing to me, especially Katie Perry.  I'm obviously not the shopper they're going after with her.  

Amen!!! Katy Perry, you have to be kidding. Wouldn't buy anything she endorsed. Hollywood isn't your average consumers cup of tea.

Esteemed Contributor

Maybe it’s just me but, I don’t buy something because of the name on the label .... I buy it because I like it .... if I don’t like it I just don’t buy it..... I’ve been like this all of my adult life & it has worked out fine for me 😍

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

We all have a variety of talents so if a celebrity decides to try another business and get involved with product production and the Q likes their idea, fine. It is a fantastic way to sell a product because so many items sell in a very short appearance time. All of the designers have other designers working for them so why shouldn’t a celebrity’s company  have the same? If people like their products, they will continue to produce them and sell them at the Q and other places and if people do not like them or the Q gets too many returns, they will no longer order the line. I can think of a few celebs whose lines did not last very long on QVC - it’s only about sales so if the products are not good or appealing to a large segment of shoppers, celebrity will not matter at all. 

Esteemed Contributor

I think it's alright.  I consider that these people are talented, creative sorts, and have access to many things beyond the ordinary, which leads to cultivation of design/style/aesthetic and cultural sensibility.

I don't buy it just because the name is attached, but if I like it, I like it.  I think it's great PR strategy for QVC.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

Nothing new having celebrities promote a product...it's advertising.  What is interesting is that the general consensus is that we are not impressed and make our own decisions what we are going to buy.  So I wonder why this practice of paying celebrities continues if it doen't make money.  Who listens to them?  

Honored Contributor

@jewel3  Astute comment. Issac Mizrahi doesn't design for the Q...he presents.  Yet, it sells very well.  Judith Ripka also.  

@jewel3 wrote:

We all have a variety of talents so if a celebrity decides to try another business and get involved with product production and the Q likes their idea, fine. It is a fantastic way to sell a product because so many items sell in a very short appearance time. All of the designers have other designers working for them so why shouldn’t a celebrity’s company  have the same? If people like their products, they will continue to produce them and sell them at the Q and other places and if people do not like them or the Q gets too many returns, they will no longer order the line. I can think of a few celebs whose lines did not last very long on QVC - it’s only about sales so if the products are not good or appealing to a large segment of shoppers, celebrity will not matter at all. 

Honored Contributor

I never buy celebrity junk!!! Hard to believe they want to "better" the public with their junk-----I think they will survive without my $$$.

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

Nothing new having celebrities promote a product...it's advertising.  What is interesting is that the general consensus is that we are not impressed and make our own decisions what we are going to buy.  So I wonder why this practice of paying celebrities continues if it doen't make money.  Who listens to them?  

@phoenixbrd  For me, this (bold & underline) is indeed my consensus, but it's not a negative, it's a positive for me.  I like seeing new brands, but "celebrity" is not what draws me to buy.  Not by a long shot.  It's the style, quality, and price.  I love Martha Stewart's fashion brand and buy quite a bit of her items.  But I have seen nothing yet that I am tempted to buy from Lisa Rinna, Lori Felt, Katy Perry, or Brooke Shields.  That may change any day, but it hasn't thus far. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Financialgrl wrote:

@Beauty Maven wrote:

Me either and I have a couple of nieces/nephews who are in their mid 20s and my experience with all my younger millenial nieces/nephews - not a one of them would consider shopping/buying from TV shopping channels.  

My kids are in their 20's also, they don't do shopping channels either. They do order from other online retailers though.