Esteemed Contributor

Am I The Only One Who Is................

Getting tired of all the star/personality lines being shown at the Q these days.....now Katie Perry with the shoes.....Scott Brothers,  Catherine Zeta, Brook Sheilds, Ellen D., etc?

Just putting their name to the products is what you are paying for.......I feel most often they are not very involved in any of the creative aspects of the product..............the one

exception to me is Martha Stewart..........she def seems to know her products very well and i feel she is very involved in their production process.

Respected Contributor

Re: Am I The Only One Who Is................

Agree 100%. I find it patronizing, to be honest.  They think we'll buy anything at any price of it has a celebrity name attached.  (Unfortunately they are correct.)

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

@kelsey17

No, you certainly aren't the only one, I agree that the celebrity name on products just increases the price.

I think the 'C' in QVC now stands for 'Celebrity' instead of 'Convenience'.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Valued Contributor

You're not alone @kelsey17.  Celebrity endorsement means nothing to me, especially Katie Perry.  I'm obviously not the shopper they're going after with her.  

Respected Contributor

There has always been celebrity endorsement and branding, The difference now is that they are using celebrities that are attempting to entice a different generation. They are looking to the lfuture, not dwelling in the past.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

it doesn't bother me if they want to sell them.  However, I tend to pay little attention to products shown by "celebrities".  Often, IMHO, they're just putting their name on someone else's goods.  And even if the celebs actually design the products, it has zero influence on me.  Few celebrities, if any, impress me enough to want to buy something just because it has their name on it.

Honored Contributor

It doesn't bother me at all.  The majority aren't actually designing anything, they are just putting their name on a brand.  If it brings quality variety, I make up my own mind if I like it and want to pay what they are asking.

My issue is that too many of these celebrity brands are being branded "luxury" and sell for ridiculous prices.  It's well known that most brands use the exact same manufacturers to make their clothes.  So making them stand out by pricing them so high is an immediate turn off for me. 

Trusted Contributor

Count me in!  "Regular" people have to work for years in their particular craft to become an expert!  Joan Rivers used to make it a point to say how she was involved in all aspects of her business from design to marketing.  That's what made her line so successful.  I doubt many others could make the same claim.    It seems to be our culture deems too much importance on "celebrity".  What really drives me crazy is a celebrity spewing their political views to influence people.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

ya feeling that way also....all made in china....not employing U.S.  citizens...

Respected Contributor

@Beauty Maven wrote:

You're not alone @kelsey17.  Celebrity endorsement means nothing to me, especially Katie Perry.  I'm obviously not the shopper they're going after with her.  

Me either and I have a couple of nieces/nephews who are in their mid 20s and my experience with all my younger millenial nieces/nephews - not a one of them would consider shopping/buying from TV shopping channels.