Honored Contributor

Re: Am I The Only One This Bothers??? Bathroom Spray

@Moonchilde wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I can poop only at home. TMi, but there you have it. 

@suzyQ3

Me, too... blush Woman Embarassed

It's a problem when traveling.

You ain't whistlin' Dixie, @Noel7. I was going to say "No $#@&" -- perfect pun but problematic here.

@suzyQ3

@Noel7

I am right there with you ladies.  I have trained myself to only go at home.  I cannot imagine being invited to someone's home for dinner and using their bathroom for THAT!

So glad there are people who can do this. Many cannot due to health and medication issues. Apparently they should not be accepting invitations to peoples' homes, as they are clearly beyond the pale in polite society.

Why would you say such a thing @Moonchilde ?  No one implied that or anything even close to it.

@If you read what @SuZyQ and I said, IT'S A PROBLEM FOR BOTH OF US, not something we aimed to achieve.

And for me, a lot of the problem IS the meds I take.

Please don't make things up about me again.

Esteemed Contributor

@Moonchilde I have a heart/lung disease and I do not tolerate some smells and the cans of sprays will cause me a violent coughing fit, even with that said, I would never chastise a host for providing what they felt was necessary, I am the problem not them, and I just choose to leave the area, or step outside until the smell/spray disappears!

Honored Contributor

ChynnaBlue wrote:

Some of those aerosol deodorizing sprays are a huge trigger for my asthma and allergies. I don't use them in my home and if I went into a bathroom where someone has just sprayed one, it can trigger an asthmatic reaction. I'd rather just deal with bathroom odors than have an asthma attack at a party.

I do use Poo Pourri at home, but I don't usually carry it out and about with me.

@ChynnaBlue

For me, too.  I don't use hair spray, either, for the same reason.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Body odor is natural, but I still use deodorant.

I love Poo Pourri.  My husband loves wooden matches. 

When we entertain, I keep a candle burning in the bathrooms.

Respected Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

Some of those aerosol deodorizing sprays are a huge trigger for my asthma and allergies. I don't use them in my home and if I went into a bathroom where someone has just sprayed one, it can trigger an asthmatic reaction. I'd rather just deal with bathroom odors than have an asthma attack at a party.

I do use Poo Pourri at home, but I don't usually carry it out and about with me.

Noel7 ... I agree. My asthma rarely bothers me, but when people overdo the batthroom spray (or any room spray), I need to reach for my rescue inhaler. The same thing happens when I go into a department store and pass the perfume section...and sometimes the cleaning products aisle in a grocery store will set it off.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Honored Contributor

@Brinklii wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

Noel7 ... I agree. My asthma rarely bothers me, but when people overdo the batthroom spray (or any room spray), I need to reach for my rescue inhaler. The same thing happens when I go into a department store and pass the perfume section...and sometimes the cleaning products aisle in a grocery store will set it off.

Hi @Yardlie

I react to perfume like you do. also.  The only one I can tolerate wearing just a little of is the Philosophy Grace or Pure Grace, and that's just a dab on my wrists when we go out.

Cleaning products, definitely must stay out of those aisles.

My daughter also has asthma/allergies and I don't use scented candles anymore.  For a long time it was hard to find candles that weren't scented.

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I can poop only at home. TMi, but there you have it. 

@suzyQ3

Me, too... blush Woman Embarassed

It's a problem when traveling.

You ain't whistlin' Dixie, @Noel7. I was going to say "No $#@&" -- perfect pun but problematic here.

@suzyQ3

@Noel7

I am right there with you ladies.  I have trained myself to only go at home.  I cannot imagine being invited to someone's home for dinner and using their bathroom for THAT!

So glad there are people who can do this. Many cannot due to health and medication issues. Apparently they should not be accepting invitations to peoples' homes, as they are clearly beyond the pale in polite society.

Why would you say such a thing @Moonchilde ?  No one implied that or anything even close to it.

@If you read what @SuZyQ and I said, IT'S A PROBLEM FOR BOTH OF US, not something we aimed to achieve.

And for me, a lot of the problem IS the meds I take.

Please don't make things up about me again.

Read my response to SuzyQ.  Did you not notice I was responding to MagicMoodz post?  

"Make things up about me" - LOL - likewise. You are always looking for things to be insulted about. If you want to claim offense be my guest, but I refuse to feel responsible for it.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

I have thought about this myself.  Many bathrooms have fans.  And some do provide spray.  I guess when in doubt bring your own (spray I mean). 

@bonnielu

Bwaaaahahahahahahahaha*gasp*hahahahahahaha*snort*hahahahahaha*sniff*hahahahahaha*tears*hahahahahahaha!!!!   This struck me totally silly!!  I haven't laughed this hard in I don't know how long, bonnie!

This whole thread is killin' me!  

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Esteemed Contributor

@MacDUFFI've been LOL'ing, also! Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

@Moonchilde I have a heart/lung disease and I do not tolerate some smells and the cans of sprays will cause me a violent coughing fit, even with that said, I would never chastise a host for providing what they felt was necessary, I am the problem not them, and I just choose to leave the area, or step outside until the smell/spray disappears!

@CareBears, I understand allergies. But the whole bad for the environment, trying to poison my air thing just doesn't impress me.  I assume those who have allergic issues wouldn't use it, and would try to wait until it had dissipated to go into the bathroom. Logical. But it was being insinuated that those who use aerosol deodorizing sprays don't care about the planet and don't care about their guests. I was responding to that.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all