Valued Contributor

Am I The Only One This Bothers??? Bathroom Spray

I have mentioned this to several of my close friends who just shrug and say "no big deal" but to me it is a big deal

Perhaps it is because I have visited a lot of homes during the holiday season and none (not one) of the bathrooms I have used has a deoderizing spray.  When I am out and use someones toilet, I hate to leave an odor but there is no spray

I am a product of the 60s and my Mom always had a bathroom spray on hand in each bathroom.  I do also...have two sprays.  I did take poo-pouri to the last party I went to but it leaked in the plastic bag. 

Is it me?  Perhaps I am making too much of a natural act?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Am I The Only One This Bothers??? Bathroom Spray

I have thought about this myself.  Many bathrooms have fans.  And some do provide spray.  I guess when in doubt bring your own (spray I mean). 

Honored Contributor

I hate "deodorizing" sprays.  They just mix an unnatural chemical smell with the other smell so it smells like someone crapped roses or a pine tree or whatever the scent may be.

Personally, I have Poo-Pourri in my bathrooms and I also carry it with me.    

Honored Contributor

I have used poo pouri for years, I hate the deoderizing sprays

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I appreciate deodorizing sprays if people have them. I use Poo-Pourri and carry the purse size with me. 

But those who live alone may not even think about it. I was part of a group who met at a different home each month. There could be 20+ people at a time. The hostesses who lived alone almost never had anything on hand for their day. People used to feel embarrassed, and felt they had to come out and say "sorry, don't go in there for awhile."

Also something to think about - as people age into 60+ they tend to have more ailments and take more medications, some of which have unpleasant side effects they may be able to do little about. The human plumbing may not always function as desired. You too may be there some day.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

If all else fails, take a pack of matches and burn one or two.  Throw the used ones in the bowl to flush.

An old fashioned remedy.

ps I haven't thought about this in a long time, matchbooks must not be easy to find like they used to be, but I looked online and Amazon has a wide variety and they're inexpensive.

Honored Contributor

@LexPex  I think you are over thinking and worrying about this. People poop. Period.  We all do. I am not going to bring my own spray to a party or outing to make everyone happy that the restroom does not stink.  It just seems so petty to fret over such a thing. 

Regular Contributor

Air freshener sprays are not healthy to breathe and are bad for the environment.  The plugins have started fires, I wouldn't have them in my house.  Carry matches or poo-pouri.

Respected Contributor

It depends on whether it is smelly or not.  Usually when I am in someone else's home, it is not smelly.  (If you know what I mean . . .)  Of course, sometimes nature calls at a bad time.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Esteemed Contributor

I live alone and you'll find Lysol towel wipes, deodorizing  spray and Clorox gel cleaner and toilet brush just in case.