Respected Contributor

Re: Am I The Only One That Has Virtually No Gifts To Buy For The Holiday Season?

We.don't buy gifts either. We make extra donations to our.charities. I like shopping for the kids on the Salvation Army Angel Tree. I usually pick two kids, and it's so.much fun shopping for what they would like. That's where I get my Christmas gift shopping joy. Smiley Happy
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Trusted Contributor

Re: Am I The Only One That Has Virtually No Gifts To Buy For The Holiday Season?

I don't buy gifts for Christmas. I'm of the Jewish faith and Hanukkah really isn't about gift giving (in its truest sense). I used to give gifts to friends who celebrated Christmas and was happy to do so, but they would never even give me a card. So i stopped.

If I celebrated Christmas and had a family, I would give one nice gift for each person and ask that we each make something special for each other, be it something in writing or a gift that was hand made.

That's just my take.

Honored Contributor

I only buy for my sister; all my other close relatives are gone.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

On 11/22/2014 DARING GREATLY said:

I don't buy gifts for Christmas. I'm of the Jewish faith and Hanukkah really isn't about gift giving (in its truest sense). I used to give gifts to friends who celebrated Christmas and was happy to do so, but they would never even give me a card. So i stopped.

If I celebrated Christmas and had a family, I would give one nice gift for each person and ask that we each make something special for each other, be it something in writing or a gift that was hand made.

That's just my take.

How sad that your kindness was not returned.{#emotions_dlg.mellow}

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor

Nope. Nada. Zilch. Our family stopped doing that looooong ago. Though I'm buying myself several nice things since they're on sale...woot!

Respected Contributor

I never was a shopper anyway. Now that the kids are older, I give mostly money or gift certs. It makes my life so much easier. I can go to a mall and enjoy the atmosphere, pick up some stocking stuffers and go home. Smile

-Kalli

Honored Contributor

I too, spend more of my time at the mall, getting gift cards, picking up stocking stuffers, or chocolate...and getting things for myself. And then there is lunch, and Starbucks!

I have almost nothing to wrap anymore. I think I've been using up the same gift wrap for the last 3 years!

Respected Contributor

Not one. That's okay though, trying to train my kitties to type on the computer, they are almost there but they keep picking stuff they like!

Honored Contributor

Hildegarde, sometimes my trips out to "shop" are just excuses to get myself peppermint lattes!
Respected Contributor

We draw names. Set a $$ limit. Buy one gift. Get one gift. That's enough for us. My gift has already been bought, and sent. I got it done early this year. Not everyone in the family is so good at "getting it done" on time, so we draw names in JULY!

Yes, we have a few procrastinators. LOL

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey