Honored Contributor

Re: Alway late, Always early, Just on time....What irritates you.

I'll be honest, not that those of you who have replied aren't, LOL.....I'm like a chicken with my head cut off in the morning.  I swear I could get up at 3am for work at 8 and I'll be running late.  Because then I figure I have a ton of time and get sidetracked doing other things.  Or I decide to take my time doing my make-up, do something different with my hair (which never works out so I have to start again).....I'm a mess.

On the weekends, evenings, appointments during the day, I'm always on time or a little early.    

Esteemed Contributor

I’m always early!! I think it’s downright rude & inconsiderate to be late!! ⏰ ⌛️

Esteemed Contributor

I'm always early and, like others, will wait in the car, etc. to avoid being overly early. 

I have a family member who who has no time management skills whatsoever.  She has a heart of gold and I love her dearly but you can always count on her being an hour late.  If she's hosting a dinner or even a cook out, you can count on eating an hour later than her planned eating time (and that's even with the help from those who have arrived early or on time). 

I also have a friend who is always late and it's a power move.  We're no longer very close.....but that's only one of the reasons why, Woman Wink

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

I'm always last minute. . .almost late, but not quite.

Honored Contributor

I try to be right on time, or a little early. I can't stand to be late to anything, and I don't like to wait for people who are chronically late. I have a friend, a very good friend that for a while was riding to work with me. She was never ready when I got to her house to pick her up-thus making me frustrated and late, so I finally say Look either you are ready or you are going to have to find another way to work. I certainly don't mind picking you up at all, but I can't stand waiting for people, she would leave me sitting there for at least 5 minutes-and always an excuse....After that speech, she was ready!!!!!lol!  My grandmother used to always say that people who are habitually late are being downright rude thinking everything and everyone will wait for them.... 

Esteemed Contributor

To work I was and still am to my part time job, 30 minutes early. I always allow time for traffic. To functions I’m always on time unless parking in a stadium is required then early is a must. 

I hate it when someone tells me I’m picking you up at such a time and I’m waiting and waiting or if I have to pick up someone and I’m outside waiting. 

Honored Contributor

When I was younger and inconsiderate, I always ran late.  Now older and wiser( learned my life lesson)  I am always on time or early.  It is so RUDE  to be late to someplace where others are expecting you.  

Honored Contributor

I'm always early. Probably too early for my own good. I sometimes wished that I would have been late, considering the people I had planned to meet were one or more hours late.  Nothing worse than waiting in the hot sun, at an entrance to an event or fair.........waiting and waiting for someone to arrive.  At least now-a-days we have cell phones and gadgets and can tell them that we will be inside the event, in a certain area, etc., etc.   Very handy, to say the least.  .............. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

I’m nearly always early, but over the years have pared down just how early so that I try to be maybe 10-15 min early and not more - depending on what for: 10 min meeting at a restaurant, but if I’m going to a concert, a good half hour to allow for parking, walking, potty, and being settled in my seat a few min before curtain-up.

I do think that many people who are always late do it to make the grand entrance and force everyone to wait on them - both my mother and my stepdad were perfectly matched in that - “can’t start without me!” I think for others it’s a different type of control - they’ll arrive when they feel like it, not when someone tells them they have to. I’ve always found chronic lateness to be deliberately, pointedly rude, and I always will.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Trusted Contributor

My goal is to be on time, not early or late.  I need to be at work by 7:00A.M.  I am there between 6:55 and 7:02...but I stay late every day.  When meeting friends, I operate the same way, within 5 minutes either way.  If I am early, I just get stressed out WAITING for an appointment, friends, etc.  If going to someone's house, I usually arrive about 5-10 minutes past time.  I HATE when people get to my house early.