Esteemed Contributor

Re: Alway late, Always early, Just on time....What irritates you.

I am always early. This is how my mother and father were and I suppose I take after them. I get almost a physically ill feeling with such anxiety if I think I will be late to something. It just isn't worth feeling like that, I hate that feeling so much. Time in my career for the most part is crucial. If I was just a little late to the beginning of the day, it would throw off the entire day. 

I like to be early and I always have in my mind timed how long it would take me to get ready and drive to the place including time for traffic. If it was a new place I was going to with no idea how to get there I would always add 30 min onto what ever driving time was estimated. Many times I have sat in my car because I had absolutely no trouble finding the place and got there way too early. I would rather do that than have the anxiety of possibly getting lost and being late. It feels like my heart is going to explode.

Of course there are times when it happens and people just can't help it for legitimate reasons but you usually know those people from the chronically late people. In my experience chronically late people don't have respect for others time. Just from personally experience as well, they don't tend to be the successful ones in their careers because after a while, that gets noticed and they aren't deemed dependable or serious about their career.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

I was taught that being late was rude and showed disrespect, so I am rarely late (unless it's out of my control, like traffic).  If I have an appt somewhere that I have never been before I'll actually take a run over there prior to the appt day.  If I arrive too early, I'll wait in the car (down the street) until it's time.  I understand that if a party states it starts at 7:00, I will arrive at 7:30 or so because that's the usual custom.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

I make it a point of being on tme or a bit early.  If I expect someone coming to my  home, I ask them to be here between 12:15 p.m. and 12:30 p.m.

I will be ready to answer the door at 12:15, not earlier.  I wait until the last minute to actually be ready to receive visitors.  Don't want anyone to come early or late.

Esteemed Contributor

I am always early. I can't help it. I have always been that way. It's sort of a joke in the family but that's just me. On the other hand my brother balances me out. He is always late. It drives me crazy. We are constantly lying to him about what time events start to try to get around his tardiness. Funerals, birthday parties, graduations.  I truly do no understand it.

Esteemed Contributor

PEople who are chronically late do it because their time is so much more important than yours.  IF you have to,sit around waiting for them it's OK because you are a peon who has nothing else to do that could be nearly as important as what they were doing that made them late.

Respected Contributor

I am right on time. Showing up early to someone's home is bad form, so we've occasionally had to sit in our car for a few minutes so we don't ring a doorbell early. In our ladies brunch group, we had a friend who was always late, and it got worse and worse--iften an hour. Finally, we all agreed to start meals on time (about. 15 minutes after the gathering's start time) and not wait for the perpetual straggler. 

Honored Contributor

I'm prompt or a couple minutes early.  Apparently, I gravitate to people that are always late.  It drives me nuts and by the time they show up, I'm cranky.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am always on time (or a little early not much). My husband is always way early. (too early for appointments) My daughter is always late. I have even tried saying a different time, shes still late. I have actually kept track since 1999. My adult daughter has only been on time for my (2nd marriage) wedding, and my dads funeral in 18 years. Yes 18 years. Otherwise she is always late! My son is pretty much on time, unless his fiance is with. Since hes engaged if shes with, hes a bit late but not much. (just a few minutes). I have given up saying anything to my daughter. I just make our dinner's later knowing she will be late! 

PS What aggravates me is, IF the Dr is late. I get sick of going to Drs on time and sitting and waiting for them. Because if you're too late they wont see you, (which has never happened to me but I saw it happen to other patients), But they don't think of that when they are late!.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

I grew up in a military family and my dad would always so. If you’re early, you’re on time and if you’re on time you’re late. 

Im pretty fastidios about but because it’s the respectful thing to do if someone is waiting on you.