Honored Contributor

Already planning 2015 Holiday Season

As posted previously I have had 2 beautiful & enjoyable weeks in Nj with family & friends celebrating Christmas & New Years -- and dress shopping for my nieces upcoming wedding. Yet I find as pleasant as it was Christmas day flew by! Presents, food prep, kids going to in-laws . here & there.Sat down with the boys tonight to inform them I have lots of travel plans in 2015 & company coming. Therefore and they r in agreement they would prefer to have TGiving at my home in Florida or I will come up and help prepare. Thanksgiving isa time of thanks and good fellowshipwhich we've decided is the perfect family/friend gathering. Glad I got that out of the way -- leaving tomorrow to get back to those great temps at the beach yeah!!!!!
Regular Contributor

Re: Already planning 2015 Holiday Season

I have at least one friend who I suspect has shopped the sales and has most of her Christmas presents bought and wrapped for next Christmas. One time at the coffee groups pre Christmas party, one of the women asked if we could consider Not exchanging gifts next year and she said we had to continue as she had our next years gifts bought and wrapped already -- it was not this Christmas yet. I think she must have been very upset when one of the women died that year and was not around to get her present.

Honored Contributor

No presents except for 3 yr GD other than that I only have 3 others to buy for and I have my nieces wedding planning so I'll be in NJ/PA a lot in 2015. We were just planning which is the better holiday for all of us to get together -- love xmas but the day is over quickly and everyone is trying to fit in all commitments. Thanksgiving is just a nice relaxing day.
Honored Contributor

On 1/1/2015 Bluegrassbaby said:
On 1/1/2015 homedecor1 said: No presents except for 3 yr GD other than that I only have 3 others to buy for and I have my nieces wedding planning so I'll be in NJ/PA a lot in 2015. We were just planning which is the better holiday for all of us to get together -- love xmas but the day is over quickly and everyone is trying to fit in all commitments. Thanksgiving is just a nice relaxing day.

I think I misinterpreted your post, sorry my apologies {#emotions_dlg.blushing}. I understand now.

I never have really been a planner, DH is the one who keeps precise records and a calendar of events.

How's the foot problem....hope all is well for your cruise. (I think you're the one that I remember).

Thank you for asking about my "toe" omg I have been wearing flip flops as it is no better! Believe it or not I ended up going to urgent care in NJ my other foot is infectedSmiley Sad!!! As for the cruise 1 week and counting....more flip flops and great Caribbean weather...yeah!!!
Honored Contributor

Bluegrass baby: thanks so much for good wishes on both my toes & cruise! I ended up going to podiatrist here & yup 2 infections -- all that aside I am looking forward to departure next Monday. I've never been to the Panama Canal should be exciting! On the flip side, The friends I'm going with is pretty sick so we may cancel & go in March. (He has bladder cancer & older) keeping my fingers crossed he is ok the cruise is secondary. Congrats on your anniversary & pending cruise it's a lot of fun & great memories.... Thank you again pat
Esteemed Contributor

homedecor -- I sense the excitement in your words. It's nice to work out details early with family regarding such special holidays.

Enjoy your sunshine. I'm looking forward to snowbirding a few years down the road on the Florida gulf, near Tampa. Enjoy the sunshine for me, too!

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

I live outside Tampa and the beaches are great!!! I spend many hours sitting and enjoying Clearwater Beach.
Esteemed Contributor

On 1/3/2015 homedecor1 said: I live outside Tampa and the beaches are great!!! I spend many hours sitting and enjoying Clearwater Beach.

We're visiting Dunedin, north of Clearwater, after summer. Our first 'look around' so we can get familiar. That Pinellas walk/bike trail is looking great to us. Driving so we can bring our bicycles along. How nice for you, homedecor, to live in such a comfortable place.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

Ury: I love Dunedin they have a great art street sale and multiple vendors every year, almost every month something going on in downtown, driving along the water (alt rt 19) is my fav route to Clearwater beach & of course the marina is beautiful & fav special restaurant Bon Appetite. Always take my friends there when they come for a visit. Enjoy this great area!
Respected Contributor

I bought my first Christmas gifts for 2015 just the other day. Ornaments for people at work -- beautiful, $4.50 each.

Score!

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York