Honored Contributor

Another "lonie" here.  Chicken breast, baked potato and some fruit.  Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Respected Contributor

I am not alone but today I am starting my holidays with 9:00 mass.  I am thankful for every day.  

Enjoy your day and sounds like everyone alone or not has some wonderful plans going on.  Volunteering sounds like a wonderful idea.  

My daughter lives next door so we are headed to her place with our pies.  Beauty is we can come and go as we please.  Head back over for snack.  Lol

Super Contributor
I was supposed to be part of our family grouping of 26 but will be spending the day alone with only my COVID to keep me company
Totally bummed I must say. I think
I will try to keep my mind occupied by putting up Christmas decorations. I had managed to avoid COVID until now but it is just lousy timing to have it at Thanksgiving. Why not just any other normal week instead. Just saying🤨
Honored Contributor

OP---you would be most welcomed dining with my DD and myself!!! We are alone too---my son and SO are going to a friends house mostly as support for her and her son--her husband recently was killed in a car wreck. My brother and wife came down wth covid a couple weeks ago and they are still recovering. And me... I am in a wheelchair nursing a broken ankle and can't drive or get up and down  any stairs--we live on the second floor---but we will eat a delicious meal anyway!! And be thankful anyway!!!

happy thanksgiving to all!!!

Honored Contributor

@MakeUpMaidn I love green bean casserole as did my deceased mother ( she always requested I make it), so I we'll definitely have some!

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom thank you, I hope you enjoy the day. 

Honored Contributor

@jubilant I'm sorry your plans got canceled I know you are disappointed. At least you won't starve as your daughter will send food to you. When everyone is feeling well you'll be able to visit. To those of you who volunteer serving food at churches, soup kitchens, Meals On Wheels, and such, you are truly angels, there is a special place in heaven for you. 

Trusted Contributor

Save room for these!  Smiley Happy your meal sounds delish1!

No photo description available.

Respected Contributor

Happy Thanksgiving to All! I love all the positive posts here, especially from those of you who are alone...what wonderful attitudes you all have! There's no reason you shouldn't celebrate with a special meal and do whatever you want.

It's been just DH & me the last few years, after years of going to my MIL's, and then more years of hosting his family at our house. We fix a traditional meal, eat when WE want to, and enjoy the peace & quiet. We do miss the old days a bit, but knew this would be coming sooner or later. We're good with it. 

We've already had our Thanksgiving meal and are about to take a nice nap!

Respected Contributor

I took time off from hustle & bustle & chores

And I "drank in" the Macy's Day Parade, agog with the features, floats, songs, performers, like I never remember enjoying before

And since, I've been watching "Hallmark-ish movie" after "Hallmark-ish movie" and crying & smiling.

I do NOT miss the News.

And I've been missing, good ole, wholesome, untouched, "promising-happy-ending" entertainment!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING !! 

Hope you are having, or had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Christmas lights here, seem to have been put up even before Tgivng!