Esteemed Contributor

Re: Allow me a moment of self-pity

Sorry hear your girl isn’t well.  I had one with cancer once that I also decided to just baby for the time we had left.  It is a good decision.  You are a good Mom.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

(((@suzyQ3))),  Your post, and all the tender, thoughtful contributions by everyone, brought me to tears.
            Years ago you shared a tribute, "Daum: The gift of a great dog​," something I've passed along many times since.    In sharing this, you taught me to pay attention to the incredibly brilliant gift of that four-legged, furry, "extra heartbeat in the house" and to cherish and be mindful of the magnitude of that gift.   Thank you for that.   I am grateful.
            The article expressed the way our little pals nose their way into our home and our heart, their essence and spirit becoming an intrinsic part of the walls, the halls, the garden, the air, playtime and restful times, the darkness and the sunshine.   
            From the tribute, "dog's presence defines the contours of your home...   you don't realize how many of your unconscious gestures — a glance into a certain backyard corner, a moment of extra care on the stair landing — are calibrated to your dog's internal GPS."    We are conscious of the  "dog in the yard or on the stair landing.   The night...  punctuated by the clicking of her nails on the floor, the body jerks and muted little barks of her dream life..."    
            You've used this awareness to shower beautiful Cody girl with love, security, joy, and life's ebullience, and with a home that has been a safe harbor.    You are tenderly and benevolently preparing her for her next voyage, and her safe and peaceful passage will not be an ending...  it will be an eternal connection you'll never lose.    Anne Lamotte wrote:  "I do not understand the mystery of grace only that it meets us where we are and does not leave us where it found us.”     May you, Cody and your family be cloaked, cradled, and comforted in this grace.❤️
Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Trusted Contributor

@suzyQ3   So sorry to read about your furbaby, Cody.  My thoughts and prayers will be for her and your family during this bittersweet time.  Love and enjoy the time you have to hug her and comfort her.  I know she must sure love the wonderful care you and your husband give her.

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3  - Reading your post brings tears to my eyes.  I'm so terribly sorry for what you all are going through.  Fur babies are very important members of our family and bring so much joy into our lives.  I know your Cody feels your love everyday and wish you the best. 

Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3  God Bless and Keep You !

Dogs-Come-Into-Our-Lives-To-Teach-Us-About-Love-They-Depart-To-Teach-Us-About-Loss-600x300.jpg

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3- Hearts to you, SQ3.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3 , reminds me of the saying, “a dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself” and unconditionally. We are their world. At 71, I’ve lost many pets, and I can honestly say, it never gets easier. I echo all of the heartfelt comments here. While we know that losing them at some point is inevitable, we are never prepared. My heart hurts for you and your DH during this sad and difficult time. 🐾💕

~H~
Honored Contributor

Your words make me so grateful and yet so bittersweetly nostalgic for the past. That's okay. It's good. I had already started replaying the first day Cody entered our house. It seems like yesterday.

So many of you have shared your own experience with such loss; I hope that it is in some way cathartic for you as well.

This morning I let her out to do her business. I saw her run past the sliding door so opened it. That's when I saw that she had something weird in her mouth. OMG, it was a taquito -- I kid you not. The workers reconstructing the house next door must have inadvertently knocked it over the fence.

I retrieved it before she was able to bite into it. Old Cody; old tricks.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Awe, @suzyQ3 ...I'm so sorry.  She's a beautiful dog.  I love the picture of her.  I biggy sized it.  She is beautiful and appears to be smiling....even with the ball in her mouth.  They truely are mans best friend.  Thanks for sharing and trusting us with a big part of your life.