Respected Contributor

Re: Allow me a moment of self-pity

My heart breaks for you @suzyQ3 .

Cody girl will spend her remaining days and months surrounded by her loving people--and isn't that what dogs want more than anything?  You gave her the gift of love and she gave it back with  her entire doggy spirit. That's as close to perfection as many of us gets.

💕🐶

Respected Contributor

Passing tissues around . . .

I'm so sorry and so glad you decided to share this heart breaking time here, @suzyQ3.  It's so heavy and relentless.  Sweet Cody.  She surely is adoring all of the love.  That part is the joy in spite of what lies ahead, it is all she knows so really, that's all that matters today and each day until you'll know it's time.  Don't worry, she'll tell you and be grateful to you. 

Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 

I had to leave and return to compose myself.... I am so sorry to read this about your beautiful girl... I know this road... I hope I am correct, that I recall you posted that poem by Jimmy Stewart "A Dog Named Beau"....some time ago on here... so, I thought of you today again...with much love for all of you and please give your girl Cody a hug for me asapHeart

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Trusted Contributor

@suzyQ3...I am so sorry to hear about your sweet Cody. We lost our Millie back in September after a bout with cancer. I am still devastated. Cherish your time and prayers for all of you.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3 , my heart goes out to you.  We had a similar situation but for a shorter time.  It is so difficult.  Sending prayers for you and your family.  LM

Valued Contributor

So sorry...........heartbreaking news. 

Honored Contributor

My heart goes out to you @suzyQ3 

The harder we love them, the deeper the pain when we have to let them go.

Honored Contributor

I am so sorry @suzyQ3 , it's not self pity at all. Wish I could give you a hug, words just aren't adequate. 

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3  Like others stated - it's not self pity but a broken heart.  There are really no words to express how sorry I am to hear what you are going through.  My ferret vet gave me some great advice when my sweet one had a facial tumor.  She said don't dwell on what might happen tomorrow and just live for today like our furbabies do.  She said he doesn't think oh how awful this big growth is - he will be happy and think oh goodie baby food and ice cream.  She said he lives for the moment to be happy.  He was so happy and content crawling on my lap to snooze more than usual.  Look at this grace period as a blessng to bond even further.

Honored Contributor

Woman Sad

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)