Honored Contributor

All the local GrubHub restaurants are not taking delivery orders after 8:30 or 8:45

All the local GrubHub restaurants are not taking delivery orders after 8:30 or 8:45.

This is new here. The fast food restaurants were taking orders until at least 9:00 or later. I had a sudden hankering for a fish sandwich and was going to surprise my husband with a burger. Hope I can get my fish. They took the order, so I'm probably O.K.

Honored Contributor

Re: All the local GrubHub restaurants are not taking delivery orders after 8:30 or 8:45

I have been trying to collect the 50 Disney characters from McDonalds. A local McDonalds had signs on all the doors and drive through screens that they now close at 7:00PM. 

And there were signs everywhere stating their starting salary was $15.00 an hour.

Trusted Contributor

Re: All the local GrubHub restaurants are not taking delivery orders after 8:30 or 8:45

Many fast food places around me are doing the same as GrubHub.  The weirdest early closing around me is the pharmacy at CVS.  They close at 5:00 on week days and 6:00 on the weekends.  CVS still is open but not the pharmacy.  They also closed down the drivethru. What a mess picking up scripts ( insulin cannot be delivered) in the midst of flu shots and few workers at the pharmacy. 

Esteemed Contributor

Many places are closing early due to staffing issues
Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Esteemed Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

All the local GrubHub restaurants are not taking delivery orders after 8:30 or 8:45.

This is new here. The fast food restaurants were taking orders until at least 9:00 or later. I had a sudden hankering for a fish sandwich and was going to surprise my husband with a burger. Hope I can get my fish. They took the order, so I'm probably O.K.

Could it be because it's getting darker earlier, now?

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Valued Contributor

I also heard they are literally running out of food 

Honored Contributor

The Starbucks in my town has menu issues.  They have plenty of staff and a robust business, but the menu is hit or miss every day.  

The app tells you whats available so it helps, but I'm surprised so many people don't use the app, so when they pull in to place their order it takes forever as they ahve to go through what they don't have.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

I don't order fast food, but the restaurants here in NYC started closing early last year.  I am guessing not enough business.  Now they are "open" later, but many menu items unavailable.  It's not that they run out of food per se, but usually they have some prep done ahead of time for the meals they expect to serve, and they are not going to open a whole kitchen for a couple of orders.  Restaurant business is down, now that so many work from home.

Super Contributor

The other day I placed an order online for Boston Market.  When I got to the restaurant to pick it up the doors were locked, lights were off, and no one was in the restaurant. No sign was on the door either. I noticed a Grub Hub delivery person was also looking to get in. It was a problem because I had already charged my order.  This was 5:30 pm.

The next day I called the restaurant and the manager said they had to close at 4 pm due to not having enough staff. She had to credit my account as the charge did go through.

Super Contributor

No one can get workers.  All that free money did no one any favors.  Forever changed