Esteemed Contributor

Re: All salon stylists in Orcutt CA staging a protest next week

@patbz I hope and pray that your niece is able to return to work soon.  ❤️

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

What is staging a protest going to do?  I'd be on the phone with whoever I needed to be on the phone with over the fact that I couldn't collect unemployment.  I don't understand why they are unable to collect unemployment?  That doesn't make any sense and I have to wonder if there is a misunderstanding or something is wrong with the system in CA that isn't allowing them to restart another claim.  

I've been going to a salon since they opened in May.  They are taking necessary precautions.  Both client and stylist must be masked the entire time.  Only one person per stylist is allowed inside the salon and every other chair is being used. Everything is sanitized between customers and there are plastic shower curtains hanging up between the chairs in the shampoo area.   I have also been getting my nails done every 3 weeks at a nail salon and again, they are taking precautions.  However, I am not in a state that is experiencing record numbers. If I were, I wouldn't be going.

I heard that Taiwan is doing very well with the virus but they are only a population of 23 million and an island.  On top of that, what is being done there to keep the virus at bay would never be done here.  We can't even get people to wear a mask let alone comply with what they have to comply with.

But let's face it.  The US is doing a terrible job because this virus isn't being taken seriously.  I'll go no further because my post will get deleted.   

Honored Contributor

Good for them.....how are they to survive if they cannot work?  They can open safely.

Our business is in the tank...I won't discuss numbers but last month was awful, not sure our business is going to survive.

Valued Contributor

Orcutt is a such a small town this will hardly be noticed. The amount of rain the area gets will not impact working outside.
Honored Contributor

@patbz Where is Orcutt? I spent my first 60 years in Southern California but have no idea where it is. Could you let me know please? Thanks.

Esteemed Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@patbz Where is Orcutt? I spent my first 60 years in Southern California but have no idea where it is. Could you let me know please? Thanks.

@Love my grandkids 

Orcutt is located in Santa Barbara County.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

@Love my grandkids : Orcutt is just south of Santa Maria; many residents may work in either Santa Maria or Santa Barbara.  Additionally, there are a lot of ranchers and vineyards ( think "Sideways") in the area.

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819  Thanks!

Regular Contributor

I live just 15 minutes south of Orcutt.  I have many friends who are in that industry and are just as frustrated as your niece is.  I don't know an answer to the issue but I do wish her the best! 

@patbz wrote:

@Love my grandkids : Orcutt is just south of Santa Maria; many residents may work in either Santa Maria or Santa Barbara.  Additionally, there are a lot of ranchers and vineyards ( think "Sideways") in the area.

Respected Contributor

For the disabled--check to see if a home care agency would shampoo and simple cut.

I think the $600 should be reinstated until this virus is really under control.  That way the stylists would be in better shape.