Honored Contributor

Re: All roads lead to Panera Bread

[ Edited ]

Panera was better before they decided everything had to be 'clean'... The food before was reasonably healthful and nutritious, but still tasty. Now, some of the soups might as well be dishwater... I still generally find the sandwiches and salads to be reasonably good, but the quality, overall, has always been somewhat mixed, depending on when you happen to be going.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

The baked potato soup (I believe it’s called) is delish.

Honored Contributor

I have eaten at Panera Bread about 6 times. And it has been hit or miss with me. The first time, I think I ordered a turkey sandwich. One half of the sandwich had a tasty dressing. The other half was completely dry turkey and bread. I had to choke it down with my drink. The next time, I got a delicious salad. But by the next time I went, I forgot which salad I got. 

It seems like every time I go, I don't know what to expect. It is either good or disappointing. So I avoid it now. And it is sad because there is one close to my house. 

Respected Contributor

I wouldn’t walk into another Panera if they paid for my meal.  Went at 6:00pm which to me is the height of dinner time.  We couldn’t even get a sandwich because they were out of bread.  Out of bread at 6pm?   We got a salad and even that was horrible.  So no more Panera for me.  

Valued Contributor

@Blingqueen023wrote:

I wouldn’t walk into another Panera if they paid for my meal.  Went at 6:00pm which to me is the height of dinner time.  We couldn’t even get a sandwich because they were out of bread.  Out of bread at 6pm?   We got a salad and even that was horrible.  So no more Panera for me.  

That happened to me once too. Unbelievable.

and I don't know if it is like this at most of them but at the one by me, they are so unfriendly and sometimes just downright rude. The one closer to my mom they are a little nicer but not much. 

Respected Contributor

@ValentinaBonwrote:

@Blingqueen023wrote:

That happened to me once too. Unbelievable.

and I don't know if it is like this at most of them but at the one by me, they are so unfriendly and sometimes just downright rude. The one closer to my mom they are a little nicer but not much. 

@ValentinaBon  I believe everything you just said here.  

Frequent Contributor

I just googled Buona Beef and their food looks so good Woman Happy

I'd pass Panera and go straight to Buona if I was in the area!

Trusted Contributor

I don’t like Panera breads.  I am spoiled living only 4 blocks from a local “artisan” bakery.    Woman Happy

One of their new “goodies” is a creamsicle eclair! 

Honored Contributor

That place has awful bread. Thank God I can make my own country bread , rolls and French bread. I make bread for my church friends also.

Esteemed Contributor

DH & I love Panera!! We have an excellent one nearby.It’s clean & the food is fresh & delicious.We love their soups!! We also love that all sandwiches can be customized.

Our Panera now delivers locally!! Yummy 😋!!