Valued Contributor

Re: All roads lead to Panera Bread

@DiAnnewrote:

I have eaten at Panera twice and both times I was not impressed.  

I didn't like Panera the first couple of times I went there, but it was because I went at lunch time and the whole experience was unsettling to me.  I didn't like going over here to order meal, over there to look at baked goods, take a buzzer, wait over there..etc.  When I finally went back when it was not crowded, it was more enjoyable.  And now that most of them have drive-up windows, I don't have to go in most of the time.

Valued Contributor

@momtochloewrote:

@DearPrudencewrote:

@Cakers3wrote:

@DearPrudence  I've never heard of Buono Beef.  Local?

Next time take out extra $$ and place in a Buono Beef jar so you will stay the course.

One day at a time, dear.  LOL

Yes, I think they're local to the Chicago area.  

I'll try to stay strong next time.  Thanks for the encouragement!

@DearPrudence so I have to ask, what did you end up ordering?  For me, I have had very good luck at Panera and enjoy eating there.  I used to order a ton of catering through them for work and they were always spot on.  I love their Bacon Turkey Bravo sandwich, yum!

If you enjoy salads and are around a Portillo's, their chopped salad is the bomb!

I got my usual, Broccoli Cheddar soup and a Spicy Thai Chicken salad.  Today, I went crazy and upsized to a bowl of soup instead of a cup. 

I have had the chopped salad at Portillo's but (shame on me) I usually get their cheese dog with everything on it, and fries.

Trusted Contributor

I eat lunch at Panera a couple times a month.  I always get the "pick 2" combo which is half a sandwich and a cup of soup or small salad.  They used to have a really good rewards program but the last year or so the perks are not really that good.

Honored Contributor

All roads lead to Panera for me too.  I was getting takeout last night and landed at Panera.  I had the soup/salad 2fer.  The car smelled of garlic.  It was a good smell, but I couldn't figure out why.  The soup/salad never smells like garlic.  Got home, opened the bag and I had the wrong soup.  I ordered the cup of chowder and got tomato with garlic croutons.  They always seem to screw something in the order up.  I guess the tomato was the healthier choice anyway.  😀

Valued Contributor

@GCR18wrote:

All roads lead to Panera for me too.  I was getting takeout last night and landed at Panera.  I had the soup/salad 2fer.  The car smelled of garlic.  It was a good smell, but I couldn't figure out why.  The soup/salad never smells like garlic.  Got home, opened the bag and I had the wrong soup.  I ordered the cup of chowder and got tomato with garlic croutons.  They always seem to screw something in the order up.  I guess the tomato twas the healthier choice anyway.  😀

GRRRRRRR! I had to start checking my orders after the time I got home and discovered they had left out the dressing for my salad, and the baguette for my soup.  I was ready to become a professional complainer like one of my friends, who calls "headquarters" for every offense, including her french fry order not being full to the top of the bag.

So was the tomato soup any good?  I need to try something besides the broccoli cheddar.

Valued Contributor

@CoffeeNutwrote:

I eat lunch at Panera a couple times a month.  I always get the "pick 2" combo which is half a sandwich and a cup of soup or small salad.  They used to have a really good rewards program but the last year or so the perks are not really that good.

I've been doing pretty well with the perks.  In February I got a free bagel every day (no, I didn't go every day but I did get 3 free ones!)

Respected Contributor

I tried Panera once and never went back. Give me a real restaurant with a menu and a server, please. 

Honored Contributor

I miss asego cheese bagels and honey walnut spread. I worked across the street from Panera and would stop more than I should. Anyway I retired and stopped the addiction cold turkey. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@DearPrudencewrote:

@CoffeeNutwrote:

I've been doing pretty well with the perks.  In February I got a free bagel every day (no, I didn't go every day but I did get 3 free ones!)

Everyone gets the free bagel for a month if they have a panera card, although they often forget to tell you about it, I noticed. I don't go that often and still get this every year. I don't even eat bagels! There is also like a week or so they give you a free cup of coffee.  Lately they've been sending me all kinds of coupons for some reason....free half a sandwich, $2 off a pick two,  etc. they must really want me back! 😆 I, like others, have found them to usually mess up my order somehow, usually forgetting something. It gets frustrating. My mom likes to go there so I take her, otherwise, I'm not sure I'd go back. The food is pretty good but I find it a little pricey for the portions...and then the issues with the orders. I also like to minimize sodium (and fat) and noticed their food seems a bit high in both.  But mom  wants what mom wants! Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Well I do love their broccoli/cheddar soup. Yum!  Not so much anything else.  However, people do seem to give me more giftcards for Panera than anywhere else.