Honored Contributor

'All in the Game' -- by Tommy Edwards -- So Soft and Sweet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gtizr2G_7Bk

For some sentimental reason, I thought of this Golden Oldie today and was compelled to play it. Anyone else remember it fondly? Of course I shed tears when I heard it again. Not a lot, but a few.

I'm thinking of the 1958 version. An impressionable teenager and new to the pangs of love, I appreciated the way this song brought solace and comfort.

So soft. So sweet.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: 'All in the Game' -- by Tommy Edwards -- So Soft and Sweet

@golding76- Love this song!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@golding76

Reading your post I teared up...such a sweet, special song...I feel as you do about it...

"Then he'll kiss your lips and caress your waiting fingertips
And your hearts will fly away"

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@golding76wrote:

For some sentimental reason, I thought of this Golden Oldie today and was compelled to play it. Anyone else remember it fondly? Of course I shed tears when I heard it again. Not a lot, but a few.

I'm thinking of the 1958 version. An impressionable teenager and new to the pangs of love, I appreciated the way this song brought solace and comfort.

So soft. So sweet.

I was just listening to this song a few nights ago on youtube. I love it.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Esteemed Contributor

I have loved this beautiful song, both the melody and the lyrics, since I first heard it in high school in the 60s. Tommy Edwards voice is smooth as silk.....now I'll be humming this beauty all evening!

Honored Contributor

@golding76wrote:

So soft. So sweet.

And so true!

Honored Contributor

There were so many excellent songs in the fifties decade, my list of favorites is a very long one. It's All in the Game definitely one of the greats. Tommy Edwards sang that song and you felt every word, his voice soothing and smooth. This song is a true GOLDEN oldie and lives on.

Honored Contributor

Thank you to all who love this song as much as I do and who appreciate the talent of Tommy Edwards.

JaneMarple, you put Tommy Edwards into the universe the other night and I caught him. He and his talent should be honored, and he deserves renewed recognition.

I thank you for that. So many memories.

Esteemed Contributor

They don,t have those kind of songs today. I have so many. Will start my Christmas songs of long ago.

Honored Contributor

Thank you...Love this song...sometimes I catch it on car radio listening to 50's music.....have to keep my eyes on road because I drift off to simpler times and young love! 😉