Honored Contributor

All dressed up and no where to go

I don't mind that my sister postponed our Christmas lunch just as we were putting our coats on to leave.  Next Sunday  is fine but I wish she postponed earlier since she said "I woke up and didn't feel like having company today".  So...  Why not call or text early this morning?    Just venting....LOL

Esteemed Contributor

Re: All dressed up and no where to go

[ Edited ]

How frustrating for you. Is she consistently late to restaurants and events? Just wondering if we have the same sister...

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Esteemed Contributor

Sorry to say but nobody should be planning any get-togethers right now. Covid transmission rates are in the stratosphere and those who do not heed the advice of doctors and scientists are endangering their lives and those of others,

Esteemed Contributor

In away I envy her honesty, and doing what was right for her. On the other hand I think it's inconsiderate, and selfish to cancel at the last minute. If she has issues with depression that's a different story. @chrystaltree You are a good sister not getting angry with her.

Respected Contributor

Well, I'd go out to lunch somewhere else and enjoy myself! Heart

Honored Contributor

Truthfully, I'd probably be so disgusted, I'd tell her to just forget the whole thing.  She sounds very selfish and self-centered.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Vivian wrote:

Sorry to say but nobody should be planning any get-togethers right now. Covid transmission rates are in the stratosphere and those who do not heed the advice of doctors and scientists are endangering their lives and those of others,

Yes ...THIS

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Truthfully, I'd probably be so disgusted, I'd tell her to just forget the whole thing.  She sounds very selfish and self-centered.

@Kachina624  you're talking about @chrystaltree  sister lol.

For me I would never say those things to a family member. They won't even cross my mind.

She really should have notified @chrystaltree  earlier.

Honored Contributor

@jeanlake 

No, not at all.  She's disabled and other than for doctor's appointments, she hasn't gone out much since last March.  My niece and I were going to take lunch over, have a quick visit and drop off her Christmas gifts and a supply of cat food and kitty litter.   The one who is consistently late or just stands people up is my OTHER sister...LOL  

Esteemed Contributor

@Vivian wrote:

It doesn't sound like a large get-together. There was nothing wrong with what the OP planed to do. She should have been notified ahead of time about the change of plans, but otherwise I don't see the problem with visiting her sister. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain