Respected Contributor

Re: All charges against Jussie Smollett dropped

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

Reading more about this now it is clearly corrupt. I couldn't care less about his career, was just speculating about what he does with his life after this. Don't care about that either. The whole thing reeks.

I wonder if he will have a career. I for one wont watch anything he will be in.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Honored Contributor

@loveschocolate wrote:

Here’s a thought.....if JS is innocent as he says, WHY isn’t he asking for further help in “catching the real criminals”? 

🙄

They already know who did it; the two brothers admitted it. The police have video of them purchasing the rope etc. However, they claimed Smollett paid them to do it. The police believed them and granted them immunity. Unfortunately, there is no proof that Smollett paid them or planned it or hired them. I suspect there is something from the brother's past that was discovered by Smollett's attorney that discredited them and the whole case fell apart. 

Honored Contributor

Jussie is all done professionally imo, it's probably best that he re-locates as well.  Hope he gets treatment.

Respected Contributor

He needs treatment in jail.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Those that worked to get him off the hook didn't do him any favours... he got away with a horrible crime & he'll feel empowered to do it again. I'm disgusted but not surprised, he has rich powerful friends who have problems with the truth too. Oh well...a bizarre case from start to finish.

Honored Contributor

The last few years corruption is more blatant. Seems anyone with power and money wins.  seems like the bar for human morals and decency have slip a notch, and then another, and another.  People accept it, so it goes on. As the bar slips, our expectaions slip until everything appears normal.

of course, it is totally possable something happened in this case we are unaware of, and they are refusing to make it open to the public.  Par for the course.

as lawrence  ferlinghetti wrote," I am waiting, waiting for a renaissance of realization" I am waiting for the American eagle to really spread its wings, straighten up and fly right.and I am waiting for the Age of Anxiety to drop dead.....and the storms of life to be over...and set sail for happiness..

The poem is as relavent today as it was in the 50's.

Honored Contributor

Connections? Nah!!  

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Valued Contributor

I could say a lot but the thread would probably be shut down.

All I can say now is that I am truly afraid of what is happening in this country. Maybe corruption and "deals" have all been part of it since the beginning but now because of how through social media we have access to so much more and celebrities weigh in (who cares about them?) we can really see it first hand. 

I am sick about this outcome. The police put in a lot of time on this crime and this is a slap in the face to them. Will they care about someone else claiming a similar crime in the future? Or will they weigh their options before going ahead? Like most things in life it will not be one isolated incident thaat just goes away. It serves as a precedent if you will. 

Whether he got jail time or not, this should have gone to trial and be judged by a jury of his peers, Instead he got his "justice" handed to him by corrupt politicans and big-time lawyers,

Makes me sick. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

A true perversion of justice.

In an interview, the prosecutor made it very clear;

Smollett is not innocent

Smollett is not vindicated

Smollett is not exonerated

He believes that Smollett is guilty

But charges were dropped.

What the heck?

Honored Contributor

Yet another reason I don't want to watch the news.