Respected Contributor

Re: All charges against Jussie Smollett dropped

@misschristy wrote:

The police chief and mayor had a press conference and they are angry!  They found out about the deal at the same time as we did.  I've never seen a press conference like it.  They said that a "deal" was made and that there are two forms of justice.  They said the Grand Jury had only a sliver of the evidence and found cause to indict him.  In other words, they had tons of evidence against him.  He's a sleeze and he cost the taxpayers and city a ton of money.  I hope he doesn't get his job back.  The public is sick of this kind of stuff.  It was an insult to the police, giving the public the impression that the evidence was not adequate, which it was.  Google the press conference if you want to see two honest people - the police chief and Rahm Emmanuel.  I guess Rahms on his way out so he isn't worried about speaking the truth.  I've never been a fan of his, but this was great.  The charges may have been dropped, but I think most people will have a terrible opinion of this guy.  Anyone crazy enough to create this lie will no doubt get in trouble again.  It will follow him forever.   Also, normally The D.A. will have a discussion with the police before dropping charges and it's usually for cause - like the case is falling apart.  This case wasn't falling apart.  The D.A. in Cook's County removed herself from the case initially, saying that she was friends of a friend of Smollett.  Now all of a suddent, she's back?  They say that County is very corrupt.   

Well then this sure clears up what's going on here!  This D.A. returning herself after recusing herself tells me all I need to know here....dirty dealings and a different justice system for the rich/famous folks!   Can only hope the FEDS having something to charge him with unreal.

Esteemed Contributor

If the prosecution was worried about their case, they shouldn't have taken it to a Grand Jury in the first place.

It's insulting to the work of the Grand Jurors.

Something happened behind the scenes with the prosecution and the Mayor and the police department didn't know about it.

Respected Contributor

@MoJoV wrote:

@misschristy  you are right Cook county is very corrupt.  Unbelievable what goes on here.  And you are right again...someone like Jussie isn't done with doing things like this. This teaches him he's above the law. I suppose the college cheaters will $ their way out of that too. Disgusting.

Yep this is gonna be next month stay tuned!

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

If the prosecution was worried about their case, they shouldn't have taken it to a Grand Jury in the first place.

It's insulting to the work of the Grand Jurors.

Something happened behind the scenes with the prosecution and the Mayor and the police department didn't know about it.

If something shady happened behind the scenes, why wasn't the final decision something like the deferred prosecution?  That still would have been a win for Smollett.  Not trying to be argumentative...

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@misschristy wrote:

The police chief and mayor had a press conference and they are angry!  They found out about the deal at the same time as we did.  I've never seen a press conference like it.  They said that a "deal" was made and that there are two forms of justice.  They said the Grand Jury had only a sliver of the evidence and found cause to indict him.  In other words, they had tons of evidence against him.  He's a sleeze and he cost the taxpayers and city a ton of money.  I hope he doesn't get his job back.  The public is sick of this kind of stuff.  It was an insult to the police, giving the public the impression that the evidence was not adequate, which it was.  Google the press conference if you want to see two honest people - the police chief and Rahm Emmanuel.  I guess Rahms on his way out so he isn't worried about speaking the truth.  I've never been a fan of his, but this was great.  The charges may have been dropped, but I think most people will have a terrible opinion of this guy.  Anyone crazy enough to create this lie will no doubt get in trouble again.  It will follow him forever.   Also, normally The D.A. will have a discussion with the police before dropping charges and it's usually for cause - like the case is falling apart.  This case wasn't falling apart.  The D.A. in Cook's County removed herself from the case initially, saying that she was friends of a friend of Smollett.  Now all of a suddent, she's back?  They say that County is very corrupt.   

Smollett is a dirtbag.  Years ago he used his brother's name when he was caught with no license and got a DUI. What kind of person would do something like that?  As Dr Phil says 'Past behavior predicts future behavior'.  Now off to watch that news conference.

Trusted Contributor

@tsavorite wrote:

@MoJoV wrote:

@misschristy  you are right Cook county is very corrupt.  Unbelievable what goes on here.  And you are right again...someone like Jussie isn't done with doing things like this. This teaches him he's above the law. I suppose the college cheaters will $ their way out of that too. Disgusting.

Yep this is gonna be next month stay tuned!

I hope that everyday people are getting tired of two sets of standards, and there's a public backlash.  There needs to be. This newest Smollet 'deal' may not fare well for college cheaters trial starting in April.

Honored Contributor

If Smollett is innocent then why haven't the 2 perps who supposedly attacked him been indicted?

Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

I guess he can get his old job back.

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/jussie-smollett-charges/index.html

@songbird @Jamal may be the one in the coffin on Empire, it might be too late for him to get his job back.

Esteemed Contributor

@Naturesbeauty wrote:
Wonder who “HAD” the 💰💰💰and who “GOT” it 💰💰💰!? Film at 11:00pm! 😱

exactly !   First thing I thought when I saw it .  😏

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

I didn't know him before this incident, and if we never learn more about why charges disappeared, I won't be following him in the future.  He hasn't impressed me as this story has unfolded.

@millieshops   Same for me. Never heard of him before all this crazy stuff he did. Could care less about him. Hope he goes AWAY.