A true perversion of justice.

In an interview, the prosecutor made it very clear;

Smollett is not innocent

Smollett is not vindicated

Smollett is not exonerated

He believes that Smollett is guilty

But charges were dropped.

What the heck?

Somewhere along the line, something/statements got bungled and charges were dropped and Mr. Smollett gets to walk. I really would like to know what made the prosecutors drop the case. 

I don't think anything was bungled. Prosecutor had a strong case and still does. IMO, corruption was behind the release, not a bad case.

We'll never know, though, since the record is sealed. How convenient for all invlolved.Makes me wonder if the prosecutor received a big pay out from the Smollett camp.

I don't care for Jussie Smollett but somewhere in the investigation the prosecutors realized they had a weak case, I would like to know how and why. 

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

Re: All charges against Jussie Smollett dropped

Why is no one outraged that the two brothers got immunity? 

Esteemed Contributor

I'm outraged.  Happy now?

Trusted Contributor

Chicago Police Department has asked the U.S. Justice Department to look into the connection between former Michele Obama Chief of Staff, and Prosecuting Attorney, Kim Fox because of questionable text messages between the two.

Honored Contributor

And Blagojevich got 14 years ???????

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

@nomless wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

@Johnnyeager wrote:

A true perversion of justice.

In an interview, the prosecutor made it very clear;

Smollett is not innocent

Smollett is not vindicated

Smollett is not exonerated

He believes that Smollett is guilty

But charges were dropped.

What the heck?

Somewhere along the line, something/statements got bungled and charges were dropped and Mr. Smollett gets to walk. I really would like to know what made the prosecutors drop the case. 

I don't think anything was bungled. Prosecutor had a strong case and still does. IMO, corruption was behind the release, not a bad case.

We'll never know, though, since the record is sealed. How convenient for all invlolved.Makes me wonder if the prosecutor received a big pay out from the Smollett camp.

I don't care for Jussie Smollett but somewhere in the investigation the prosecutors realized they had a weak case, I would like to know how and why. 

@JaneMarpleThey submitted the case to the grand jury who in turn indicted him on 16 felony counts.  That is nothing to sniff at.

16 felony counts.   Now conveniently dropped?

I was horrified when the news first broke about Jussie-thinking what a terrible thing to do to another human being.

Then little by slow doubt was cast.

I'm not outraged; but I am disgusted that a political slant was used as part of this hoax. 

This has to stop.  A slap at all those who have truly suffered from racism and a slap at those who, regardless of slant, stand up in protest whenever a person suffers at the hands of ignorance and bias.

This isn't about a lie; this is about stirring the pot once again to further a personal agenda which has nothing to do with the rest of the country. 

The saddest part about this is that he cannot man up; he has opened the door of doubt for the next person who really does have harm done and will possible not be believed.

Way to go, Jussie.  You just threw the next potential REAL VICTIM under the bus.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Valued Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

@gardenman has the most sensible answer to this story in the TV and Movie forum.

Agree, should be some interesting twists to come.

libby's folly
Honored Contributor

I guess some people really do believe the Earth is flat. 

Esteemed Contributor

Now, is this far left privilege, or Hollywood privilege.  Or maybe some other privilege yet to be discovered.  🤔

Esteemed Contributor

It's the Combo Privilege Platter....encompasses a variety of things.