Trusted Contributor

Re: All charges against Jussie Smollett dropped

@Free2be wrote:

Does anyone know what the new evidence Jussie's attorneys spoke of while the two people who supposedly attacked him were about to testify to the Grand Jury were held back from entering the room?

Likely nothing. Attorney's spinning for their client isn't unusual.

To be clear tfor everyone the prosecutor has put out a statement, at least the one that was going to try the case. He says they stand by the investigation the police did and are in no way saying he didn't do it and that in fact they think he did.

The outrage is they let him have this deal without admitting to ANYTHING. Not sure the Feds are done with him yet though.

Esteemed Contributor

So many questions!!!  So very unclear as to the reason why all of a sudden, everything changed.  What I hate most is that now, he can brag and state that he is innocent!!   

I hope the Feds go after him for the letter.....or that civil charges are brought against him by some group.

Respected Contributor

There truly seems to be a different brand of justice for those with money.............

Honored Contributor

I'll wait until there is more information. Or maybe they won't release it to the public?

Joke aside, I really have no opinion about the latest report.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@Boomernichols wrote:

There truly seems to be a different brand of justice for those with money.............

@Boomernichols 

SEEMS to be?

Haven't we known that this is true for a very long time now?

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I'll wait until there is more information. Or maybe they won't release it to the public?

@suzyQ3I don't get the "joke".

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@suzyQ3I don't get the "joke".

@Cakers3, no worries. It isn't actually funny.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 No, it isn't.

I don't understand what's going on with this Jussie Smollett case. Don't get it. Don't see how he has any career after this.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Valued Contributor

Prosecution said nothing changed with their case.  Sealed record and no changes in the case equals “dirty DA”.  Didn’t she recuse herself but obviously not her influence.  She has “big time” connections.  Shameful.

Esteemed Contributor

So then, have the other two been rearrested?  And what was that $3,000 check for that he gave them. And what of their claims? Also, if he was beaten up, where was there just a little scratch on his face? I'm sorry, but I couldn't find any answers in the article.