Honored Contributor

Re: All Movie theaters have fecal matter according to The Doctors.

@Phantom41 wrote:
Then you should stay home all day every day and be hermetically sealed in your house because nothing bad can ever happen there. For heavens sake, you can't worry about everything ! !

Well, there is 'worry about', and then there is be informed and take action against.

A post like the OP is just great reminder that many places carry loads of germs and bacteria that may make people sick, especially if they already have immune issues. I don't think the reminder (or finding out for the first time) is at all a bad thing. 

And in truth, there are some places, that for many, just aren't worth the effort and exposure to the filth, and for many, a movie theater is just that. Movies can be had so many other ways in the home now, that those that are either skeeved by the conditions of theaters, or immune compromised and need not be exposed, now have choices.

Honored Contributor

So do cell phones and virtually everything else.

Honored Contributor

sick!

Honored Contributor

@reiki604 wrote:

The world has always, is and will be full of germs and bacteria of all sorts. How then have we survived all this time as a species?

Well, a lot of people have died over the centuries because of germs, but those that lived built up immunity to many things, first.

Then we developed great medicines. Then we over used them, and now we get super strains that are resistant to our medicines.

There is definitely a balance between building an immunity and good exposure to 'germs', use of medicine when immunity is weak, and being clean and sanitary to keep over exposure to harmful germs under control. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

The thought of such things is awful, but I accept that it's a very germy world.

Earlier this year, I contracted scabies and have NO earthly idea how.  The normal transition is through extended skin to skin contact with someone who has it.  That never happened.  Only contact of THAT nature is with DH and he didn't have it.

The dermatologist told me she had another case where a woman tried on coats someplace and felt she might have gotten it that way.

In any event, it all makes me want to live in a plastic bubble!

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@truffle wrote:

I would just like to know how it gets out of your house and onto most seats and armrests in a theater plus in a dressing room at a department store.  One would think the fecal matter had legs and just walked in.  

@truffle

It's usually from people not washing and not washing well after going.

Hand contamination.

Who handles their poop?   

Honored Contributor

NOT to go off topic here, but when you go grocery shopping and use one of those wipes to clean the shopping cart handle......   when done, fold the wipe in half and run it over your cell phone to kill germs.      

Most people don't sterilize their cell phones when they charge them and, even if you have just washed hands, your cell phone will re-contaminate your hands if you aren't cleaning it!

Honored Contributor

This is a timely subject.  I am going to the movies and out to dinner this evening.  I love seeing movies in the theater instead of on a TV at home.  So I am going to get contaminated by the arm rest, the menu in the restaurant and I will probably make a trip to the rest room at some time.  Wish me luck! LOL

Respected Contributor

Maybe that's why in the show "Naked and Afraid," the people are afraid

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@truffle wrote:

I would just like to know how it gets out of your house and onto most seats and armrests in a theater plus in a dressing room at a department store.  One would think the fecal matter had legs and just walked in.  

@truffle

It's usually from people not washing and not washing well after going.

Hand contamination.

Who handles their poop?   

@Tinkrbl44

No one said anyone handled it.

OMG I cannot believe you need someone to explain this to you.