Respected Contributor

Re: All Movie theaters have fecal matter according to The Doctors.

[ Edited ]

Thank you T, for telling us the story that had to be told.  lol

Thankfully, I have never seen a stall that didn't have a hook for a coat and purse nor have I ever witnessed or heard of a public restroom that got clogged and overflowed while some pathetic know-nothing about cleanup type of janitor just smooshed the germs around.  lol 

Respected Contributor

I don't have the attention span to watch a movie so I don't go to theaters.  Now I have another excuse.  Sure makes that popcorn taste different.  Yuck. 

Esteemed Contributor

I actually know someone who had this procedure. She had "c-diff," one of those superbugs that are picked up in hospital settings. In her case, it was a long hospital stay and rehab facility after back surgery. The infection (which causes severe diarrhea) went on for months, despite treatment with different meds. She was in bad shape until the fecal transplant. Her doctor uses family members for the transplant - it was either her husband or her daughter, I forget which. The transplant was done like a colonoscopy, not a pill. It often takes several treatments, but she was cured after just one.  Really amazing. 

@Noel7 wrote:

@truffle wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

Hospitals and MDs are now doing fecal transplants.  For those who don't have good bacteria.  They think it can especially help with some gastro-intestinal problems.

Imagine that

I read about that.  I would guess that the donor is checked out first for HIV/aids and other diseases.  

@truffle

At first I read the "doctor" is checked out and I was taken aback, LOL!

Yes, they make a big deal out of what I have heard referred to as "Super Donors."

They start with a large group of people and screen them with questions about what illnesses they have had, then they go on to a lot more.  The ones who are left standing, so to speak, are brought in for testing.

They are looking for good bacteria in the poop, not the bad stuff.  When I first heard about it, it was put into capsules to take orally.  I guess they still do that.

I could make some jokes here but something tells me not to...

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Trusted Contributor

And we need to know this, why?

Being a germophobe this absolutely sickens me. Basic hygiene is passe, I guess. OMG. Seriously.

dee

Occasional Contributor

ewe.  When I was a kid my mother would give me 25 cents for the movie and 25 cents for a popcorn and soda, yeah, I'm old.  But the last thing before going out the door, she'd say, "Don't put your head on the back of the seat, you might get cooties".  I was a daring child, never got cooties.  Older and wiser now, after hearing the fecal matter thing, I'll stay home!!!

Honored Contributor

Years ago one of my daughters did a science fair project involving swabbing tables In restaurants and measuring the bacteria...you don't even want to know what she found!

Super Contributor

It's a good think I have Netflix.  

Respected Contributor

@evathediva wrote:

ewe.  When I was a kid my mother would give me 25 cents for the movie and 25 cents for a popcorn and soda, yeah, I'm old.  But the last thing before going out the door, she'd say, "Don't put your head on the back of the seat, you might get cooties".  I was a daring child, never got cooties.  Older and wiser now, after hearing the fecal matter thing, I'll stay home!!!

When I was a young girl, going to the Saturday afternoon matinee at our local theatre was something we all did.  I remember the mother of one of my friends would always make her wear a cap on her head so she wouldn't get head lice from the back of the seats.  

None of the rest of us ever wore a cap and we never got lice.

evathediva, you and I must be around the same age.  I remember the same prices for movies and popcorn.  

Respected Contributor

As they used to say, S happens.