Frequent Contributor

Re: All 50 States Ranked For Retirement, From Worst to Best

@Leiloniwrote:

My plan, leave husband & move to France. Or, maybe it's my dream! LOL. 

Lol!

Trusted Contributor

@sarahjaneywrote:

@Leiloniwrote:

My plan, leave husband & move to France. Or, maybe it's my dream! LOL. 

Lol!

@sarahjaney, I so want to go abroad & live for a while, but the 'old fart' constantly talks about ISIS getting us, can you believe that?! I tell him, they could get us here if they wanted too. I swear, he's afraid of his own shadow & it's driving me crazy, I'm just the opposite most of the time. Have a wonderful Sunday as Saturday is nearly over. Smiley Happy L

Trusted Contributor

@LilacTreewrote:

@cherrywrote:

I've never heard of wallethub. It sounds like a pick pocket organization to meSmiley LOL

@cherry

Cherry, you crack me up, LOL!!

LOL!Smiley Happy L

Trusted Contributor

@LilacTreewrote:

@NYC Susanwrote:

wrote:

We spent this last week in Ohio. We attended a funeral in Warren. We also went to visit a friend who retired two years ago to Franklin , Ohio. We wanted to see if it was a consideration for us. After seeing how far apart everything is, we know it's not. NJ may rank low on the list but so far out of any state we've ever been to "It's still the best for us!"

Plus, we're only an hour away from NY and we have beautiful beaches!

I really don't understand why NJ is #49.  That makes no sense at all to me.   South Jersey in particular has some really nice retirement communities, and being within reasonable distance of NYC, beaches, Atlantic City, etc. is a definite plus.

@NYC Susan

Those who put NJ down don't know anything about NJ.  They say California out of habit . . . IMO, not only because of the cost of living . . . but lately with droughts that last for years, hideous fires, mudslides, floods, and the ever present fear of "the big one," how can they cite the weather?  It's the last place in the world I would pick.

And for me, 3,000 miles from my entire family and my beloved Jersey shore, where one of my daughters lives and I can go whenever I want to?  Not a chance.

The daughter I live with has Lyme Disease.  She says if she ever gets well, she will move as far away from NJ as she can.  She hates it here, for many reasons.  So she wants a new life . . . she doesn't realize she brings herself with her wherever she goes.  We all do.  I hope if that ever happens I will be gone by then (excuse the sobering comment).

Gee, I'm so sorry you feel that way. I have met some very nice people in CA., I have never been to N.J., but I'm sure it's very nice there. L<3

Respected Contributor

You refer to "worst climates." Well, it depends on what climate you love. I'm a winter girl! 

Esteemed Contributor

@libbyannEwrote:

You refer to "worst climates." Well, it depends on what climate you love. I'm a winter girl! 

Good point!  Not everyone loves warm weather.  I have a close friend who loves winter, snow, everything that goes along with it, and doesn't enjoy the warmer months at all.  And I have a friend who retired to Arizona, loves the hot weather, but desperately misses the change of seasons and has decided to move so she can have all of them again.

"Best" and "worst" climate for sure is very personal, and not something that can be generalized for everyone

Honored Contributor

@Leiloni

I was not talking about the people of California.  My remarks were about the environmental conditions that no one can deny.  It's been a nightmare out there, one thing after another.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Trusted Contributor

@LilacTreewrote:

@Leiloni

I was not talking about the people of California.  My remarks were about the environmental conditions that no one can deny.  It's been a nightmare out there, one thing after another.

I know you weren't, you are too kind of person! Woman Wink Have a super Sunday! L