Honored Contributor

Re: Alex Trebek Back on Chemo/Pancreatic Cancer

[ Edited ]

He is a fighter....but this  is a tough fight.  I remember Michael Landon fighting Pancreatic Cancer years back. He stayed very positive right up until the end, but it still got him. Here he was on his final appearance on Johnny Carson show talking to Johnny about the “diagnosis “. Worth watching.

https://www.theretrosite.com/mobile/watch.php?vid=1bd7e55f1

Honored Contributor

He is such a nice, decent man. Have never heard a single negative thing about him. I saw a lengthy interview with him several months ago while he was doing this show and undergoing treatment. Very humble and gentle. My prayers are that he makes a complete recovery. He is one of the few remaining “good guys” on a show that I could have on with a grandchild in the room. I will continue praying for his complete healing, God does answer prayers.
Honored Contributor

I am just so saddened and angry.  Very angry for those who suffer agaist this vile disease

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry to hear he is back on chemo. I am not surprised as it is a tough one to beat.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Respected Contributor

Let’s please honor Alex’s requests for “GOOD” THOUGHTS and Prayers

Honored Contributor

I have a friend who has lived almost four years since her diagnosis but she has had several rounds of chemo, radiation, surgery (Whipple procedure).  She keeps ending up in the hospital with infections. 

Honored Contributor

@Spacrazy, I will post what I want to within the terms of use of this board. It is up to the moderators to determine what is permitted, not you. Trabek's disease is relevant to this thread both the good and bad of it. It isn't up to you to control what people post.

Honored Contributor

I absolutely wish him the best. He's a smart man, and I'm sure he has excellent doctors, so he knows what the odds are. 

Trusted Contributor

@AuntG
💜
I am giving your post a heart because:

1) I like that you said YOU do this for other posters who are at the very end of a thread, which I thought was incredibly kind and thoughtful!

2) And, because I like your post

3) And, because I'm on the West Coast and I am usually ALWAYS the last poster on these threads! 😃

Brave men for $1,000:
And the answer is...Alex Trebek

I send my love and sympathy to all the people who have posted here who lost someone to this unforgiving disease. They are not forgotten. 💜
Respected Contributor

oof - this is a tough fight he is in. may his treatment succeed-- and quickly.