Valued Contributor

Re: Alert: peep shortage, PAUSE IN PEEP PRODUCTION

I am sorry that those who like them will be unable to have them for the different upcoming holidays. 

I am not a marshmallow fan--so I do not eat them.

Respected Contributor

This is TERRIBLE!!!  

My DH had a good idea: they should make their Easter Peeps NOW so we can buy them, and leave them out so they'll be pefectly stale in time.

I can live without Chrstmas Peeps, Halloween Peeps, etc. but not without Easter Peeps. Those little yellow and pink chics ARE Easter.

Honored Contributor

This sounds like a good decision.  Peeps have long been an Easter treat and, if I had to choose, I'd forgo Peeps at the other holidays in order to have them at Easter.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Oh No by Mary Engelbreit | DecalGirl

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest 

Not a necessity but a lot of things aren't and we like them and they make life more enjoyable and fun!  I guess it could be said that we could live without chocolate, but would we really want to???? LOL

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

THis is indeed tragic news!

I'm seeing so many product lines being reduced, and various choices of their lines are not available as they deal with the Covid guidelines. I have to wonder if many of them will simply never bring back many of the lines they are now putting on hold. 

But no peeps, oh my. I'll be in mourning for awhile over that.

@Mominohio Don't worry.  At one point in time people had only peanut and plain M&M's.  We survived fine!  Plus food and candy wasn't a mish mash of bizarre flavors piled high on top of one another.

You could taste the main flavors of the candy without having bacon or dill pickle or something to confuse it.