Honored Contributor

Alert: peep shortage, PAUSE IN PEEP PRODUCTION

Just Born factory in Bethlehem, PA announced pause in production of Halloween, Christmas and Valentine peeps.  Due to virus they are concentrating on Easter.  They were shut down for a while, and will soon resume  production.  Due to covid rules the production protocol  has changed.

All I can say is I am glad I have 2 boxes stashed away from February,   They ought to be good and stale by the Holidays,  i love them tough and chewy.  My husband puts tem in coffee, but I am a purist.

Honored Contributor

Re: Alert: peep shortage, PAUSE IN PEEP PRODUCTION

Heya Shoey!  Smiley Happy  Been thinking about you a lot lately and hoping all is ok (I'll drop a line).

You know, I haven't had a Peep in ages, but you know I love marshmallow!  I'll settle for my favorite milk chocolate covered marshmallow from Hall's, as soon as it's not too hot to ship!

Heart

Honored Contributor

It's just incredible the reach the pandemic has had into areas no one could have predicted. No one  could have predicted a shortage of Halloween Peeps. My friend went shopping yesterday and she couldn't find any Easy Off Oven Cleaner in Publix. We have since located some online but who could have predicted difficulty getting oven cleaner? 

Honored Contributor

Workers' safety is much more important. I wouldn't want anyone getting sick just so I could buy a dracula peep. I'm glad if they have taken time to make their factory conditions safer to account for Covid.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

I have never had a peep in my life but now just knowing I can't one until Easter makes me crave one.  I think it would be delishish in hot chocolate.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chickenbutt 

Doing okay.  Dealing with the smoke here. Air qualit about 189.  But we dont have the worst of it. I am just so sad for others dealing with this, who are really suffering.

i know all peeps taste the same, but I prefer the lavendar, lol.  My favorite are any chocolate covered marshmallow.  I like a heavy, dark covered one.  There is this candy shop back east, I used to order from, began with an "S", some family place. I saw it on Foodnetwork years ago.  They had the best choco covered marshmallow ever.  Hand made marshmallow too.  Thick square, with your choice of dark or milk coco,ate cover, YUM

Honored Contributor

@shoekitty I read that in the paper this a.m and my reaction was "Oh no, no Peeps?" Waaah! ha ha

I guess I can live until Easter but I always get a box and open it to get stale. That's the best way to enjoy them, at least for me.

Honored Contributor

I have only had Easter Peeps.  I like the yellow; the pink ones have a nasty bitter taste.  

Respected Contributor

Yummmmmm....Peeps on top of HOT COCOA - the best.....

Respected Contributor

@ninjawife 

IT IS - try it - it's delish!!!!

Smiley Wink