Frequent Contributor

On Friday 4/1 Jennifer Coffey said prescription lenses can be inserted into Prive Revaux frames.  However a question submitted about this was answered by Janet from Customer Service who said prescription lenses could not be used with these frames.  Jennifer should not give out incorrect info.  Glad I checked that out.

Esteemed Contributor

The only sun glasses from QVC that I have asked my optician abt as far as if prescription lens can be added , I was told Bertha brand that QVC sells.  I bought a Bertha sun glass design and took it to my optician to examine.

Respected Contributor

@seedpie  Last summer when I got all new glasses, I took my

Prive Revaux sunglasses in for prescription lenses. They put the lenses in with no problam and I have been using them for driving since last summer.

Regular Contributor

Preve Reveaux most certainly can accommodate prescription lenses. I have three pair of sunglasses I have had corrective lenses inserted. One is a rather oddly shaped, almost square but a little rounded and there has been no problem with any of them. 

Trusted Contributor

I think it depends on how strong your prescription is as well as the specific frame. If you have very thick lenses and the frame is super thin, it may not accommodate it, etc. 

Honored Contributor

The Prive Revaux vendors, including Jamie Foxx, have been saying that since day #1 on QVC. IDK why they would say something different now. A good optician would be able to do this with no problem.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I agree - you can pop out PR lenses to pop in your own prescription for regular or sun lenses. Some years ago I did that for new sunglasses in PR frames, no prob, I still wear them.

Honored Contributor

My SIL only buys PR Sunglasses and has her prescription put in them. She She been doing this since they first came out with no problem.

Honored Contributor

If PR manufactures prescription lenses, then yes, those lenses would obviously fit.

But if you have prescription lenses manufactured elsewhere, you are looking at size and shape.  My prescription lenses would not fit into my sunglasses; I had to get prescription lenses to fit that frame.

I think we are talking about two different scenarios.

Also the strength of the lenses would not be an issue.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

@seedpie   I've put prescription glass in many pairs that I got from QVC.  I have never had a problem, and the lady at the store even told me how nice their frames were.

They may charge you a few extra dollars for using your own frames, but so far they have waived those costs with me.  

I say give it a try - you'll be happy with how much less you end up paying, especially if you can get the frames for $25 or less!

......You look like I need a drink.....