Honored Contributor

Re: Alec Baldwin Fired a Prop Gun Killing a Crew Member & Injuring a Director on a Film Set

How terrible for him and everyone on set. I can not imagine that Alec will ever get over killing someone he probably was very close to....  just so very sad....

Honored Contributor

Re: Alec Baldwin Fired a Prop Gun Killing a Crew Member & Injuring a Director on a Film Set

I know nothing about Alec Baldwin except that I have seen him in some movies.  My thought is that whoever handled this gun in any capacity was careless.  

It's a gun.  They are dangerous.  Don't people look before they shoot?  Boggles my mind to think about it.  Oh here is a gun, just point it AT PEOPLE and fire. . . Really?  

You'd think a couple of people would have to verify and sign off or something.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@Isobel Archer  No he would not be. In all likelihood, he would have been handed the prop when called to set and told action. I am sure there was a horrible mix up with the prop crew and they accidentally handed him the wrong gun or prepared it incorrectly.

Scenes are cancelled and moved around all day every day so it's very possible that the prop crew forgot to change out the ammunition or grabbed the wrong prop in a rush for daylight or time.

Total speculation but mistakes happen. Unfortunately, in this case, they had a very tragic outcome.  

@Laura14 

I don't think we can be SURE of anything at this time. 

Although strictly from my POV, I doubt a scene called for Alec Baldwin aiming at the cinematographer or the director.

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz If they were lining up such a shot, it could have happened and probably did.

And I am SURE that I will never jump to believe in the worst of my fellow human beings. 

Respected Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

i wonder if Mr. Baldwin was a licensed gun owner.

That would be interesting considering he opposes legal gun ownership for others.  But of course, he'd consider himself an exception probably.

Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

@bikerbabe wrote:
Some of these comments are just disgustingly nasty. Why am I not surprised?

Because Alec Baldwin isn't liked by a certain group! And despite a horrific accident that caused a death, they're delighted. I can just imagine how it's being spun on a certain news network!

@JaneMarple All TV "news" in particular I see now is slanted one way or the other.  Take your pick.  My pick is don't watch.  

And any trial involving a celebrity in any fashion has a coterie of fans who will stick up for one side or the other no matter what.  We can look back at celebrity trials and see.

And if big money is involved the big money lawyers are out to be seen and heard.  Would we ever have been blessed with the Kardashian family without it? 

You can't make this stuff up can you Jane M.?  

Esteemed Contributor

Let's just say some of his tweets are not aging well. I think the gun expert/prop master bares most of the blame but Alec pointing a gun at a person who is not even a fellow actor in a scene is stupid at best. But we all know it is a tragic accident. Someone lost their life, Alec and the gun expert will feel guiltily for their entire life.  It will settle out of court is my guess. No preplanned murder. No winners here so where the delight is coming from, who knows? But a mixed bag of nuts with different views is par for the course

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

@Nancy Drew wrote:

Let's just say some of his tweets are not aging well. I think the gun expert/prop master bares most of the blame but Alec pointing a gun at a person who is not even a fellow actor in a scene is stupid at best. But we all know it is a tragic accident. Someone lost their life, Alec and the gun expert will feel guiltily for their entire life.  It will settle out of court is my guess. No preplanned murder. No winners here so where the delight is coming from, who knows? But a mixed bag of nuts with different views is par for the course

I think maybe it's more along the lines of their being in the line of fire than their being aimed at.  But I guess we won't know until it all comes out in the wash.

Esteemed Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@magicmoodz If they were lining up such a shot, it could have happened and probably did.

And I am SURE that I will never jump to believe in the worst of my fellow human beings. 

@Laura14 

Again with your speculation.  You make it sound as if the prop master did in fact have control of that gun and he had just handed it off to AB. We don't  know that is what transpired.

While I don't think we should be crucifying him at all his point, I simply find it "strange" that so many are running to his defense.

We have yet another police officer in Minneapolis who shot and killed someone being apprehended in his car. She kept screaming taser, taser, taser but mistakenly reached for her gun and killed him.

I wonder how many on this very thread would be defending her actions as completely accidental hoping she won't get sentenced to prison. 

Honored Contributor

The gun could have been pointed at the CAMERA. Who is behind the camera? The cinematographer. Who is often behind the cinematographer? The director.