Honored Contributor

Re: Alec Baldwin Fired a Prop Gun Killing a Crew Member & Injuring a Director on a Film Set

@Isobel Archer wrote:

Well even if the live round was for "effect," Baldwin would have to be told wouldn't he.  I mean how could he be allowed to point and fire a live round at someone in the movie as part of the script?

We don't know yet because the FACTS haven't come out yet! So why the speculation? Oh I know, because he's Alec Baldwin!

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

Re: Alec Baldwin Fired a Prop Gun Killing a Crew Member & Injuring a Director on a Film Set

Imo, it's not any actor's fault.  

I see a big court case, not against the actor.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

@bikerbabe wrote:
Some of these comments are just disgustingly nasty. Why am I not surprised?

Because Alec Baldwin isn't liked by a certain group! And despite a horrific accident that caused a death, they're delighted. I can just imagine how it's being spun on a certain news network!

I, for one, am not "delighted" but appalled.  If you are referring to my quoting his tweet criticizing the police officer struggling with a suspect discharging his weapon - that seems more to your point about gloating over a horrific accident - and one, I might add, that was much less preventable  - than this one.

Esteemed Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

@Isobel Archer wrote:

Well even if the live round was for "effect," Baldwin would have to be told wouldn't he.  I mean how could he be allowed to point and fire a live round at someone in the movie as part of the script?

We don't know yet because the FACTS haven't come out yet! So why the speculation? Oh I know, because he's Alec Baldwin!

@JaneMarple   Why wait for facts when you can craft a story that suits whatever narrative you are invested in?  

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Respected Contributor

@Nancy Drew. Wasn't there an incident in NYC where Baldwin got angry  and physical over a parking space? He seems to be a "Hot Head" I used to like his acting but no more the past few years.

I thought common sense taught was to be to never point a gun at anyone no matter what. I recall that growing up playing. Loaded or not real or fake. I hope it was truelly an accident.

Respected Contributor

@Isobel Archer wrote:

It could've been pointed at the camera for a shot looking at the barrel of a gun. There are many reasons a gun would be pointed towards someone on a movie set.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Esteemed Contributor

@Gorgf wrote:

@Nancy Drew. Wasn't there an incident in NYC where Baldwin got angry  and physical over a parking space? He seems to be a "Hot Head" I used to like his acting but no more the past few years.

I thought common sense taught was to be to never point a gun at anyone no matter what. I recall that growing up playing. Loaded or not real or fake. I hope it was truelly an accident.

He is a great actor. Going way back to Knots Landing. But his character and demeanor have a lot to be desired. Not someone I admire that's for sure. 

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

i wonder if Mr. Baldwin was a licensed gun owner.

Esteemed Contributor

@EastCoastGal wrote:

@gardenman wrote:

Lots of questions. Why was he even pointing a gun at the cinematographer and director? Other actors tend to be most at risk as they're who the hero/villain typically points the gun at. Why point it at the cinematographer or director unless you're upset with them? Whether it was live ammo or blanks, he shouldn't have been pointing the gun at the cinematographer and director. Was he "playfully" shooting them assuming they'd be unharmed or shooting them out of anger/frustration? Either one is bad for him. 

@gardenman ... I agree! Lots of questions how this happened!

That gun is handled, and cleared my a prop master before it is given to the actors on the set. Once Alec had it it would have been presumed safe. Tragic

Esteemed Contributor

@Isobel Archer wrote:

So why would there be a live round in the gun?  Was this intended to murder someone?

Hardly!  Come on.