Esteemed Contributor

@Linmo    I agree.  We don't know all the facts but instead some are placing guilt on Baldwin simply because they don't like him.  No wonder this country is in the toilet!!!

Respected Contributor

I am not a big fan of Alec Baldwin, but I really feel for him here.  You wake up, go to work, and who would have ever thought such a thing could happen.  Someone is responsible for having live ammo in a "prop" gun, but who?  Is it the actor's job to check for this type of thing, even when told its good to go?  I have no idea. 

And who would do such a thing?  Do people not pay attention to what they are doing at work anymore?  Too busy with their phones to concentrate on the tasks at hand?  Doing a half arse job of it all.

I think its just devastating for him to have been the one to pull the trigger thinking it was just another action scene and then have this happen.  Just devastating and I don't know how long - if ever - he will be able to recover from this event.  He's going to need counseling (mental) and with all the lawsuits that will be filed, this isn't going to go away anytime soon.  He'll be dealing with the mental anguish of it all for some time to come and perhaps haunted by it the rest of his life.  As will the deceased woman's family.  Just a terrible terrible tragedy.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Respected Contributor

@Teddixat I don't dislike Baldwin. I haven't liked some of his angry lashing out at others that's been reported. And, admitted by him, btw.

We can't deny he has some anger issues. I think this is how many feel about him. That doesn't mean people are longing for him to have some type of deserved punishment. This was a horrible event for everyone on that set and for their family and friends. 

I feel bad for Alec being the one who pulled the trigger. Who in their right mind would wish that type of anguish on anyone? Even if they did dislike the person. 

However, from what others in the industry are saying, if the set protocols defined how the guns were to be inspected, with the shooter required to verify the weapon check, too, then the chain was broken by Alec. Sad, but true.

If staff were target practicing with live rounds, all knew there was live ammo on set, which is against regulations, too, from other industry reports. This should have heightened security, for all.

There's a reason the officials have stated that everyone, including Alec, is still under investigation. It's NOT because they don't like him. It's just a fact that lots of production safety rules were broken on the set. Management has accountability. 

This was no accident, it was shared negligence. There may be more than one person with charges, and, of course, civil suits. 

Honored Contributor

Alec and his family were seen in Manchester, VT, earlier today. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 - They had a prop guy on the other day (not from this incident) and while he was being interviewed he did make a statement that some "fake" weapons are being used and they look like the real thing. I'm not familiar with the tv show he mentioned so my brain did not retain the name.

Honored Contributor

Listened to one armorer who said that most movie productions don't use any guns anymore but use special effects---wonder why that is not a given for any/all tv/movie productions--- I mean using your hand/fingers to make the shape of a gun could easily be poofed and replaced with special effects-----a no brainer to me----such an unnecessary tragedy

Esteemed Contributor

If anyone is looking for AB, I read today he is in Manchester, Vermont.

Honored Contributor

@riley1    I think I heard the same interview. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Alec Baldwin Case

[ Edited ]

@BlueFinch   I understand your position but some poster who apparently deleted their comment remarked about how much money he had and made derogatory comments about him and that he had probably lawyered up.  I have no idea who is to blame or why what happened happened but the speculation here is off the charts.   I don't care about him one way or the other or his temper outbursts in the past, but they don't make him a murderer.  Some have gone so far as to blame him for cutbacks and hiring unexperienced people.  I can't imagine he had any hand in hiring the set people.  Bottom line it is a very sad tragedy and I'm sure we will find out in due time because the media loves this stuff

Esteemed Contributor

@AlsaceGal    You have nothing to back up your comments which are beyond ridiculous .   How about we wait for the investigation to be completed and we find out what happened.   What does his net worth have to do with anything? And what proof do you have that he cut corners?😧😳